• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

vasectomys...

SolChild

TRIBE Promoter
I sometimes regret not freezing a sample of my man-goo before the vasectomy and sending it off to the Svalbard Seed Bank in Norway... you know, see if I can get them to hold it there in case of A Collapse of the World Order, help repopulate the world...
I've been considering doing this before I go get mine done. You know, just in case I hit the lottery later on.

Does anyone know of who to contact to freeze some of my boys in case my lady and I decide to have another later on?

ian

TRIBE Member
I've been considering doing this before I go get mine done. You know, just in case I hit the lottery later on.

Does anyone know of who to contact to freeze some of my boys in case my lady and I decide to have another later on?
Reversal Stats:

Years Between Vasectomy Sperm Return/Pregnancy Rate Under 3 years 97%/76% 3-8 years 88%/53% 9-14 years 79%/44% Greater than 15 years 71%/30%

Vote_4_Pedro

TRIBE Member
Pedro -- does it still work? LOL
Fully functional, just hopefully with one thing less in the output! We will see in a couple months when I drop a sample.

So, sperm sample question - do you rub that out at home and bring it? Is there a time limit, like 30 mins or free?

Or do you use their 1980's airbag bush Playboys and get to business in some little booth?

SJN

TRIBE Member
While the success rates are very high on reversals, the procedure itself is much more complicated, isn't covered by OHIP, and has a much longer recovery time.

Vote_4_Pedro

TRIBE Member
While the success rates are very high on reversals, the procedure itself is much more complicated, isn't covered by OHIP, and has a much longer recovery time.
So bascially you're saying it costs your left nut, so you better be damn sure?!?!

silver1

TRIBE Member
Having it done in May by Dr. V at TEGH.

I'm having another procedure to fix something down there too so I'll be asleep for the whole thing.

soulmantra

TRIBE Member
been thinking about getting one myself... any thoughts to share about any pros or cons you came across before deciding to go for it?

acheron

TRIBE Member
read the thread... lots of stories.

I'll cut to the point, though, which is to say that it's no big deal, discomfort is minimal and the procedure is neither embarrassing nor inconvenient. Upsides? No more babies, and the wife can go off the pill if she wants.

Tearer

TRIBE Member
I had my assessment meeting with dr, singal at east toronto...has anyone had their balls busted by him? seemed like a fun guy.

wish i'd had a vasectomy while I was out on a general earlier this week when my finger was being re-attached.

SJN

TRIBE Member
I had my assessment meeting with dr, singal at east toronto...has anyone had their balls busted by him? seemed like a fun guy.

wish i'd had a vasectomy while I was out on a general earlier this week when my finger was being re-attached.
Dr. Singhal is the head of urology at TEGH, but he may use a different technique than Dr. Vlaovic (who has been referenced many times in this thread). Find out what way he does it -- no scalpel vs scalpel, one incision vs two, etc.

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
Dr. Singhal is the head of urology at TEGH, but he may use a different technique than Dr. Vlaovic (who has been referenced many times in this thread). Find out what way he does it -- no scalpel vs scalpel, one incision vs two, etc.
yeah, b/c while waiting at one of my many appointments last summer i read the vasectomy brochure and for some reason it said recovery time for Dr. Singhal was two weeks whereas it was only one week for some of the other doctors - tres bizarre!