• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Vanity Pole... Have You Seen Them?

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
Last day here in Playa Del Carmen... Last night az I my wife n I and kids were strolling Avenida 5 my wife and I do a double take and go WTF? We both observe this woman strollin along with her vanity pole attached to her iPhone GoPro or whatevs video device documenting their so most importance on the planet...

What the fuck has happened?

I love the intetnet and technology but man it is nrought vanity to the mext level...

Between FB Twatter Instagram where is that person gonna find time to edit that shit and watch it... Now it is first person instead of 3rd party like thise dudes during Caribbana video'g Yonge St...

Society is going down the shitter... Also you see this as you at a party with people on the phone... Please go out and tune out...

Sign'g off as...

Liberal
voyeur
exhibitionist
Atheist
dos capairihas in

Hasta la huego

vanitypole.com

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
DIWC came up with Wand of Narcissus as well - I think it's fitting.

When I was tootling through Germany, a lot of elderly asian people were using them to take photos of themselves in front of stuff. It was kind've cute.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
they were everywhere at Univeral Studios in the Wonderful Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Disney should have sold wands with a phone attachment, they would have killed it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

coleridge

TRIBE Member
I'm trying to make the tongue-in-cheek case that because they telescope they are actually technically a collapsible baton which have different levels of legality in different countries in the world.

For example,

In Canada it would be illegal to carry it folded up hidden from view (in a bag for example).

In the UK they would be straight up illegal.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
they are not strong enough to be considered a ' combat or utility baton '

those telescopic devices that are associated to such things are MUCH heavier , stronger and their main purpose is defense.

you try to hit someone with one of these selfie sticks its going to break pretty quickly.

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
DIWC came up with Wand of Narcissus as well - I think it's fitting.

When I was tootling through Germany, a lot of elderly asian people were using them to take photos of themselves in front of stuff. It was kind've cute.
Funny you say that cos it was a young Asian girl 20's...

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Selfie sticks are as common as handbag dogs in Asia.

I predict the next big thing will be dronies. Drones that just follow you around and film you all day.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kuba

TRIBE Member
Many years ago I bought my friend a selfie stick. I'm thinking 8+ years or so ago now. I like knowing I was so ahead of the pack!

I thought a vanity pole is some sort of stripper pole with a lot of mirrors.