1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Vampire Weekend fans?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by todiefor, Apr 8, 2010.

1. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

Has anyone seen them live? What'd you think of their show? Worth the price of admission, better than expected, lived up to expectations or a bit of a let-down?

2. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

i saw them at the horseshoe back in november or december and they were wicked!

3. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

that would be a sweet venue to see them in.

4. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

unfortunately we missed the last show but from friends who went I have heard nothing but how great they were.

I found a cool vampire weekend remix of fleetwood macs everywhere. If you download music, def. grab this track!

5. awwnaw

awwnaw TRIBE Member

I went to the Horseshoe show as well and they killed. They were much much better than I expected and I expected it to be a great show.

6. case sensitive

case sensitive TRIBE Member

Saw them at Roger's Picnic in 2008, they were great. A musically gifted bunch for sure!

7. billy

billy TRIBE Member

they were here in toronto about a week and a half ago. place was packed.

8. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

but why is it they call themselves Vampire Weekend when they're basically a Paul Simon circa "Graceland" cover band? Vampire Weekend sounds really goth, and they're not goth at all!
    just sayin'. Nice songs, but no JD/Bauhaus, that's fer sure

9. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

"Vampire Weekend's name is derived from lead singer Ezra Koenig's amateur film of the same name"