• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Valium

bambam

TRIBE Member
Is anyone familiar with the side-effects of valium? Are there any known instance where taking valium renders a person incapable a appreciating risks and evaluating potentially harmful situaations?
Hmm...using tribe as my personal thinktank is goood.

then again this thread may end up DOA

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
i'm not familliar with Vallium but i saw this advertisment in the rolling stone and it had a cat unconciounce with his mouth open and tounge hanging out and an open jar of vallium was beside him

it was funny.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
valium...

do they still perscribe that?

Do you want to use it for a medical reason or just "fun?"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
What is the effect of this stuff anyways?

Some girl on NYE was giving them to my buddy, who was diabetic and drunk, we wisely told him not to indulge.

Should he have indulged? Or were we good friends that night?

:)

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hawk Eye
i'm not familliar with Vallium but i saw this advertisment in the rolling stone and it had a cat unconciounce with his mouth open and tounge hanging out and an open jar of vallium was beside him

it was funny.
what was the ad for?

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by bambam
Is anyone familiar with the side-effects of valium? Are there any known instance where taking valium renders a person incapable a appreciating risks and evaluating potentially harmful situaations?
Hmm...using tribe as my personal thinktank is goood.
then again this thread may end up DOA
Damn straight valium could do that. It is a full on drug used to relieve anxiety and relax muscles. It acts by enhancing the inhibitory actions of the GABA neurotransmitter. Anxiety can occasionally be a good thing as it is a warning system.

-ian g.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
welcome to the pill-popping generation.

"Hey! There's a pill sitting on the table over there...."

...."well? Are you gonna eat it or what?"

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

sampson

TRIBE Member
the main side effects of valium are dizziness, drowsiness and lethargy

other side effects and avderse reations are:

depression
hangover
headache
paradoxical excitation
blurred vision
respiratory depression
hypotension (IV only)
constipation
diarrhea
nausea
vomiting
physical dependence
psychological dependence

info obtained from davis' drug guide for nurses

ila

TRIBE Member
alright, I've been given valium twice in my life. once to have a scope done of my esophagus and once to have my wisdom teeth pulled.

both times I started giggling uncontrolably. the more I have, the more insane with laughter I go. it's not even like I'm coherent enough to find things funny...I just laugh. and it lasts for the entire time I'm "valiumed" or whatever.

does this happen to anyone else and why does it happen? the doctors and nurses I've had have been baffled by it.

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
I once came into the emergency room with pain in chest and upper body.
Apparently it was caused by stress at work.

The doctor gave me two valium pills for it.
He said it was highly addictive.

He told me to take two days off work and take one a day.

I looked at him... threw the pills in my purse and went home. I slept at home for two days... and never took the pills.
... I won't take things like this to alleviate stress.

gubydal

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Valium

Doens't G do the same thing?

Originally posted by ian
Damn straight valium could do that. It is a full on drug used to relieve anxiety and relax muscles. It acts by enhancing the inhibitory actions of the GABA neurotransmitter. Anxiety can occasionally be a good thing as it is a warning system.

-ian g.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Yeah I got valiums once at the doctors. I took 5mg (I think, maybe it was 15?) and slept for the next 14 hours and woke up tired and groggy. It might have effected my decision making skills if I was awake?

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
I've taken it a few times, back in the day. An old roomate had a rarely used prn stash that she'd let me use if I couldn't sleep after a night of partying.

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
Like all benzodiazepines these serve primarily as anti-depressants and anti-anxiety, and are addictive as hell. Don't mix alcohol or you may wake up in hospital.

They're used to treat seizures in people as well.

Different people react to them differently; a 10mg may do nothing to 150lb person A, and completely FUCK 150lb person B. If you get FUCKED, you will probably make some poor decisions.

PeteMD, signing off :)

defazman

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Agatka8
I looked at him... threw the pills in my purse and went home. I slept at home for two days... and never took the pills.
Can I have them?

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Agatka8
But welcome to the time where everyone thinks a pill will solve their problems. Even the doctors...

pr0nstar :D

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
But welcome to the time where everyone thinks a pill will solve their problems. Even the doctors...

pr0nstar :D
For sure... however when I told my boss... that the doctor at the emergency room, gave me valium because of the stress I was feeling at work.... my boss really backed off fast... and gave me a bit of a break.

So the pills did serve a purpose. :p

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Once upon a time, I went to buy 10 five mg valium pills. I ended up having to buy 100 of them because the pharmacy couldn't make change for a $1 bill.

Needless to say, I got a lot of experience with valium after that.

To the person who posted all those side effects, those are all hogwash; except, potentially, the "dizzyness" one, which I guess you could say happens, but only if you take too much (15mg at once or so) or were drinking at the same time (a bad idea IMO, but highly recommended by Quirkz ;) ). Well I guess it also definitely causes lethargy.

I can't say that valium makes you sleepy, per se, though it does definitely facilitate sleep if you choose to do so. Quite frankly, valium erases all worries, hangups, and jitters, and so is the ultimate "chill" drug. It can make you lethargic, as in you generally choose to do very little, and you move kinda slow: not because you couldn't move fast, but because you generally choose there isn't much value in moving any faster than need be.

I don't think valium really has much affect on your judgement or perceptions, really, since your same mental awareness are going on and you are not -exactly- out of it; though of course how you react to these awarenesses change, mostly because you are more apt to 'not care' about them. Generally speaking, I would say valium puts you at risk of "not choosing" to do something you should, rather than choosing to do something stupid. (ie. the complete opposite of alcohol)

Personally I dont think valium is as addictive as it's made out to be, I still have a wack of them upstairs and I guess haven't touched them in nearly a year. I liked to take about 5mg on a super lazy Sunday afternoon when the weather was too hot to do anything anyways... lay on my couch and read harry potter books, or alternately on the concrete floor to cool down a bit. It only lasts a few hours and, for the most part, your totally functional under the influence. Obviously if you go taking 20mg or whatever it's going to be a different story.

-jM
A&D