• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Valentine's Day Affair w/ Jason Hodges

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Had a long day Saturday after hitting Mt. St. Louis hard all day then the Pete Rock/CL Smooth jam at the Opera House. Still somehow :)p ) had energy to catch this party and some sah-weet haus muzak. I was glad I did. Arrived about 2:30a, unfortunately couldn't use my GL privileges but the $10 cover was well worth it. The event was held in an upstairs party room on Augusta, good size, I'd say there were probably 200 people in attendance. The jams were phat, I think Hodges was on when I got there, kinda lost track after that but spent most of the time on the dancefloor anyway. Never had a complaint about the selections, all that sweet jazzy soul music we love including the Digable Planets remix from Hodges underground set The crowd was enthused, lot's of eye candy and the place was still rockin and people were still comin in when I left around 5a. A few tribers in attendance, good times overall.

then the shenanigans began...

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
I got there later in the evening and it was jammed. Although, it was so dark in there, I couldn't see anyone unless they stood a foot away from me! The music was good when I arrived around 3ish, but all of a sudden it became what we thought was 'retro night.' It was fun anyway.
However, I felt I couldn't really get into the party, as I was REALLY turned off by all the cigarette smoke!! Some air circulation was MUCH needed in that space!

Oh also, I apologise to the DJ that commented on the 'coat check' IN the DJ booth...that was a tad ridiculous when the party was over!!

Last edited:

element.8

TRIBE Member
the party was pretty good, the venue was nice, the music was top notch, but...

where the fuck was the sound?

i'm not down with hearing more conversation than music, and no bass. it was so quiet, i was totally turned off by that. like...there were some hot as hell tracks being played, but without some volume and bass to it, i have no clue how good the track really was and is.

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
I had a good time at this party, mostly because I was surrounded by all my good friends. I apologize for the "coat check" in the dj booth fiasco as well, but I'd like to thank Steve for trying to help me find my coat when I thought all hope was lost. I really appreciate it.
The sound was lacking, but I heard there were noise complaints even prior to my arrival at 1:00am.

Oh yeah, and the bathrooms were so bright they were like tanning beds. :)p)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Alvaro G
Unfortunately, as stated before, the noise complaints were what kept the volume down, but that is being taken care of as we speak.
Rubbin' the neigbour out are we :D ???

-ian g.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Maui

TRIBE Member
Yes the sound was baaaad.

It reminded me of when I went to my small northern ontario town at christmas and attended the Legion boxing day dance.

I was like, these are some really good songs but I couldn't hear em or get any vibe going. Too bad.
Still had a good time since I was drunk and lots of people. But that place coulda been rockin.

Peace,

Maui

leisure

TRIBE Promoter
Thanks to the close to 500 who made it through that night...I had a blast, but yes the noise complaints were a bitch (try being the dj). So it was either keep it quiet and keep partying or have 911 there. btw we do prefer it loud.

I'll be posting pics later this week. Thanks again for making it out!

Steve

ps > as for the coat check/dj booth that was me on the mic and that was ridiculous. There were about 80 coats in there and the worst part was our co-promoter Regina had her purse (with wallet, camera, keys) stolen from the back of the booth. Whoever did that should get whacked.

Last edited:

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
I can't believe that Regina got her purse stolen!
Of all the worst things to happen to such a nice person!
:mad:

Regardless, PIXELATE parties have always been well organized and incredibly FUN! it sux to hear when bad things happen to good people!

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janko
Thanks to the close to 500 who made it through that night...I had a blast, but yes the noise complaints were a bitch (try being the dj). So it was either keep it quiet and keep partying or have 911 there. btw we do prefer it loud.

I'll be posting pics later this week. Thanks again for making it out!

Steve

ps > as for the coat check/dj booth that was me on the mic and that was ridiculous. There were about 80 coats in there and the worst part was our co-promoter Regina had her purse (with wallet, camera, keys) stolen from the back of the booth. Whoever did that should get whacked.
Oh man! I saw her last night and she didn't mention that. That sucks!

Some people just don't get our scene.

-ian g.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

funk21

TRIBE Member
I had a blast at this jam. Sound was a "bit" of an issue, but that happens at these kind of events, gotta keep the fuzz away. Anyhow..."Hot Jizz" didn't dissapoint, rockin' most of my fav jams at the momment. Good job leisure and pixellate. 2 thumbs up!

EZ