• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Vacationing in Toronto during February!

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
So... once every few years, I'll come across someone who decided to fly from a warm climate to here in the middle of February. It boggles my mind a bit. To me, it's like visiting some tropical place during monsoon season.

Does anyone know someone that enjoyed such a trip?

kuba

TRIBE Member
If you live in a tropical climate it is unique to visit us in February.

I don't get what the surprise is. We live this day-to-day, they have the beach waiting for them so its a short stint.

Ilia

TRIBE Member
I am flying into Toronto for a week at the end of March from Trinidad & Tobago. Yes I am leaving a place with 33C weather for much lower temps in TO - but I have that time off work anyway, so thought let me make a quick visit to see some friends and family.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
So... once every few years, I'll come across someone who decided to fly from a warm climate to here in the middle of February. It boggles my mind a bit. To me, it's like visiting some tropical place during monsoon season.

Does anyone know someone that enjoyed such a trip?
I just had a vacation in Northern Alberta. I was a little nervous that i was going to regret a cold-vacation. However, it was amazing adventure. Holy crap is northern alberta beautiful - snowbarding, ice caves, stopping my suv along the columbia ice fields and just taking it all in. It was just as fun as going somewhere hot, but even more adventurous - and unlike anything i've done before.

Why anyone would visit Toronto as a "vacation", period, that's beyond me. It's a city like every other city...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
Why anyone would visit Toronto as a "vacation", period, that's beyond me. It's a city like every other city...
When I lived in a small town, TO was my favourite place to visit. I used to get all teary eyed when the skyline started to appear.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
I just had a vacation in Northern Alberta. I was a little nervous that i was going to regret a cold-vacation. However, it was amazing adventure. Holy crap is northern alberta beautiful - snowbarding, ice caves, stopping my suv along the columbia ice fields and just taking it all in. It was just as fun as going somewhere hot, but even more adventurous - and unlike anything i've done before.

when you live in a place like northern alberta you see that crap ^^^ all the time. coming somewhere with buildings, culture, nightlife, restaurants etc is new and fun

videotronic

TRIBE Member
but i would say anyone who wants to come here during the winter from somewhere warm is a 110% certified maniac and might kill you in your sleep

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
When I lived in a small town, TO was my favourite place to visit. I used to get all teary eyed when the skyline started to appear.
I agree with this. For 2 years running, our spring vacation destination is TO.

While it's further away than Calgary or Winnipeg, I'm not a huge fan of those cities...and Sask "cities" don't have as much to offer.

Dunno, maybe it's the Ontario boy in me, but Toronto's a pretty fun spot, compared to the humdrum of this tiny town.

alison87

TRIBE Member
It's low season as well in a few places. I would totally go to Paris or London now if I had the time. The flight sales are great.
What flight sales? I was thinking of hitting Germany first week of May and i can't find anything there (or anywhere else in Europe) for less than a grand. Not terrible, but kinda overkill for a week vacation.

My ex and i visited Boston that Christmas with the crazyass snowstorm; hardly anything was open and we got stranded, but we had a great time. Not every vacation has to be about sitting on the beach - exploring somewhere new is often fun regardless of the weather. If you depend on the weather for a good time you're more likely to get disappointed.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
one of my best friends tends to come here in the winter/late fall. she's from england though, so it's not like she's getting a change of scenery. maybe a bit more snow and cold? but it's cheaper then and she loves toronto and our halloween/christmas is more fun for her.