• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

UTI Prevention

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
My sis is prone to yeast and she avoids refined sugar, limits regular sugar (acidic foods) and has cut out wheat. Yogurt, garlic, and the things lucky1 mentioned are all great preventatives. When you take OTC treatments it just throws your ph balance the other way which can lead to more problems so changing your ph through diet is the way to go.

I have read about people using garlic and yogurt to treat themselves too.

sugar

TRIBE Member
Guess what? They discontinued Pyridium in Canada. WTF.

I think I remember reading they have it over the counter in the US, so I'm gonna check there the next time I visit. I had my first UTI in ages recently, and it was brutal not to have the painkiller.

sugar

TRIBE Member
I asked the walk-in clinic doctor and the pharmacist and got 2 different answers. The doctor said it was because it wasn't profitable for the manufacturer (but she was some weird 70 year old eastern european lady). The pharmacist said that it was because "antibiotics should be enough on their own". I don't get it.

caffiend

TRIBE Member
I asked the walk-in clinic doctor and the pharmacist and got 2 different answers. The doctor said it was because it wasn't profitable for the manufacturer (but she was some weird 70 year old eastern european lady). The pharmacist said that it was because "antibiotics should be enough on their own". I don't get it.
I had also heard the "not profitable" explanation. I also heard that another company was going to be producing it under a different name, and would be released soon. But to no avail, apparently, since it's still not available. As for the "antibiotics should be enough on their own"--total garbage. Anyone who prescribes pyridium will tell you that it is meant to bridge you through to when the antibiotics start working, ie. in 24 hours or so. It has a totally different function than an antibiotic does!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
That sucks, I've never taken it but if it helps people that's balls. I bet it is because it's not profitable. I'm skeptical of a lot of the 'big pharma' conspiracy theories but this one sounds reasonable, that weird old lady is right.

I have been uti free for months now but I still have cranberry caps on hand and know where to get the NOW brand d-mannose in case of a problem.

Apparently a uti vaccine is coming in the next few years.