• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Useless System Processes

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
My thinkpad is a shitbox.

It is loaded with so many processes running in the background that My typical RAM usage is 200+ MB, thats when not doing anything... Just sitting alone after booting up.

Does anyone know of a program that will remove redundant or useless services from running? (Preferably free, or a downloadable demo)

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
The problem is, I dont have a clue what half of these processes do.

I was googleing each one, and seeing if I should shut them down manually, but its taking lots of time and effort. I was just wonderinging if there is a program to automate this process, that way I wont have to deal with hours on google researching the 100 or so processes running :(

RhettD

TRIBE Member
TweakXP is great for all sorts of tweaks, registry editing, hacks, and general performance boosts.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by RhettD
TweakXP is great for all sorts of tweaks, registry editing, hacks, and general performance boosts.
Been there, done that, collected the pop tabs.

Im running WinOptimizer right now, hopefully that will help speed things up a little too.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
How about an open source version of something?

That'd be nice... I don't really trust those programs, which is why I use a brute force method of going through the registry and erasing shit...

Of course, one ends up reinstalling windows quite regularly doing this... but it keeps my mind active ;)