1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Used CD / media stores

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Snuffy, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

It's my goal to obtain every Much Music Dance collection from 92 onwards and I need your help. List your favourite used CD / media stores. I'm looking for chaotic, busy, disorganized places.

I want to see stacks upon stacks of miscellaneous, un-alphabetized, half-scratched and partially crumbling jewel cases. Preference is placed on stores with poor inventory control with lots of cheap CDs.

2. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

lmao, this is the best mission ever!!
    I sold a shit load of old dance cds to a place on danforth somewhere between broadview and pape. this was at least 10 yrs, so i have no idea if the place is still there.
    I'd be hitting garage sales and flea markets right now if i were you.

3. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

I might have some kicking around. Lemme have a look... if I find them, they're yours.

4. danielablau

danielablau TRIBE Promoter

Place on Danforth is definitely still there. I have no idea how these places are still kicking around selling used CDs for 14 bucks when I can download it for 8.99.

I'm all for supporting local business but they gotta start being more realistic with their prices.

5. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

1. I've lost my iTunes library twice.

2. I've been picking up used ones anywhere from $1 to $5.

I've recently added "The Bodyguard" and MC Flipside's "Tripping on Energy" to my collection for $2!!!

6. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

Vortex at Yonge/Eglinton is one of the best used stores in the city, imo.

7. kirstenmeows

kirstenmeows TRIBE Member

Don't forget Goodwill, Value Village and the Salvation Army stores as well. You never know what you'll find at these places.