• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

US Space Race.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Although I think it's cool they're planning on going back to the moon and stuff but it's no cure for cancer. After this war and billons of debt isnt Space exploration something that could be put on hold and money used for health and paying off the war debt?

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Shopaholics generally feel that they can compensate for a lack of something in their life by compulsive spending, stuffing an emptiness in their lives with purchased items they probably don't even need.

silver1

TRIBE Member
No way man. Finding out if ants can be trained to sort tiny screws on the Moon or Mars is of utmost importance!

stryker

TRIBE Member
BAH!
500 billion dollar deficit and conflicts in two countries aside I totally support a new space race. It's probably not the most rational train of thought but I don't care, I want to see a man on mars by the time I hit 40 and maybe a colony by the time a reitre.
That would be something.

Stew

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by silver1
No way man. Finding out if ants can be trained to sort tiny screws on the Moon or Mars is of utmost importance!
It will have all sorts of real-life applications here on earth. Everything from watch manufacturing.... to watch repair.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stryker
BAH!
500 billion dollar deficit and conflicts in two countries aside I totally support a new space race. It's probably not the most rational train of thought but I don't care, I want to see a man on mars by the time I hit 40 and maybe a colony by the time a reitre.
That would be something.

Stew
I some what agree but the budget for this program could emlimanate world hunger on something, you know; productive.

stryker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hi i'm God
I some what agree but the budget for this program could emlimanate world hunger on something, you know; productive.
Please, as much as I would like to think that eliminating world hunger is an actually plausible dream.....dude it ain't gonna happen. If the trillion dollars that would be spent on a Mars Mission was put towards creating sustainable development in the 3rd world then i'd be all for that. But, it's never going to happen. IMO the people in power like being in power and to people like Bush and Co. helping to bring the rest of the world to a standard of living even close to theirs is their worst nightmare and on their list of priorities it ranks somewhere between gay marriages and electing a black president.

So....

Instead of a trillion dollar tax cut or a trillion dollar defense budget spent on some other project of Wolfowitz, i'd like to see a colony on Mars. Plus, I think the technology created would do a great deal for society (new energy sources, nanotech, etc.) It's not like I would vote for Bush because of his Space ambitions, but if he's gonna be in power I could think of a lot worse things that he could be spending the money on.
Stew

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Whatever happened to conservatives actually conserving.. I mean, don't they get elected to office to actually reduce spending? What will republicans do now?

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stryker
Please, as much as I would like to think that eliminating world hunger is an actually plausible dream.....dude it ain't gonna happen. If the trillion dollars that would be spent on a Mars Mission was put towards creating sustainable development in the 3rd world then i'd be all for that. But, it's never going to happen. IMO the people in power like being in power and to people like Bush and Co. helping to bring the rest of the world to a standard of living even close to theirs is their worst nightmare and on their list of priorities it ranks somewhere between gay marriages and electing a black president.

So....

Instead of a trillion dollar tax cut or a trillion dollar defense budget spent on some other project of Wolfowitz, i'd like to see a colony on Mars. Plus, I think the technology created would do a great deal for society (new energy sources, nanotech, etc.) It's not like I would vote for Bush because of his Space ambitions, but if he's gonna be in power I could think of a lot worse things that he could be spending the money on.
Stew
I agree fully. Plus if we sent people to mars or colonize the moon, we will develop better means for supporting life on earth. Going to these places can only be done by developing new and better ways of recycling resources. Thus new processes for sustainable development will be created that can be applied at home as well. People like to make fun of the biodome projects but in the long run, we can learn much from these projects.

*c*

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
No offence people but it aint gonna happen either :rolleyes:

You are not going to vist either the Moon OR Mars in 20 years.

I'd really like to aswell and I think that we should still strive for that but after the events of the past 5yrs Space should Not be a priority.

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
Whatever happened to conservatives actually conserving.. I mean, don't they get elected to office to actually reduce spending? What will republicans do now?
You would think that's what they would do. But this is Bush afterall.

More like a space race to distract everyone from his huge deficit, bad economic policy, and fucked up reconstruction of Iraq.

Top that Dr. Dean!

OTIS

TRIBE Member
If my more pragmatic side didn't know better, I'd say part of this stunt is an attempt to drive the final nail in the coffin to drive the US into bankruptcy, so that a completely re-written neo-conservative fiscal policy can be implemented.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
If my more pragmatic side didn't know better, I'd say part of this stunt is an attempt to drive the final nail in the coffin to drive the US into bankruptcy, so that a completely re-written neo-conservative fiscal policy can be implemented.
Sounds like a make-work project for economists. Maybe I should dust off the old resume and apply for a Green Card. :)

divell420

TRIBE Promoter
If the U.S. were to go bankrupt, wouldn't it be an opportunity to draft an entirely new constitution as well? Nothing like changing the rules to make things better for your cronies

The whole thing stink of welfare handouts for the upper-class