1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

urgent ... need help setting up Shoutcast server tonite

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by recoil, Aug 27, 2003.

1. recoil

recoil TRIBE Member

hi ... i am stuck inside tonite and really fucking bored, so i wanna do a live broadcast of oldskool hardcore jungle.

if nobody's listening i cant be bothered to practice

sooooo .. i am trying to set up shoutcast, but i think there are maybe some things i am doing wrong with the configuration

a long time ago my friend set it up for me but my PC has since been reformatted and i cant remember all the little settings

if anyone has any expertise doing these shoutcast broadcasts, hit me up on MSN - djrecoil@hotmail.com ICQ 98984143 or on here and let me know how you do it

thx

Liam

PS ... Alex .. i know this may technically belong in the internet show forum, but could you please leave it here for a while where people will actually see it tonight .. that internet show forum is a ghost town ... sorry :)

2. ian

ian TRIBE Member

Setting up shoutcast on windoz is your first problem. Apologies, but I am UNIX biased :D

-ian g.

3. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

you need to download the shoutcast server software. Then install and run it.

Then you need to edit it's configuration and change the password on it to whatever.

Then you need to download a shoutcast plugin that allows you to broadcast to a server. Then you tell it to broadcast to "localhost" and you're set.

More detailed descriptions are available in the manual. I haven't done it in years.

4. recoil

recoil TRIBE Member

thanks for the feedback... tbh i'm too tired to try to sort Shoutcast now ... i found an opening on my webstation so i'm broadcasting live right now on InterFace

so if you wanna hear some proper oldskool jungle ... i'm playing live now 'straight from the bedroom'

... i'm seriously bored so i'm gonna rinse out for a few hours anyway

click here to tune in

http://213.129.72.126/ramfiles/_shortcut.ram

or click here to be taken to the site

http://www.pirate-radio.co.uk

where i'll be keeping an eye on the chat page for requests, feedback etc etc

i can also be reached on msn @ djrecoil@hotmail.com

e-z

:)

5. Funzo

Funzo TRIBE Member

Listening and very greatful!

6. recoil

recoil TRIBE Member

thanks Funzo .. grateful to be playing for an audience tonite ... i havent had much chance to play at home lately so it's a treat

please bear with me tho

i'm doing the whole set entirely in my crappy 20 dollar headphones with no live monitor so i hope it sounds OK

7. Funzo

Funzo TRIBE Member

Sounds good on this end!

Nuff Respect