• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

*urgent* mover needed

kuba

TRIBE Member
can you please post recommendations for movers here? so far the best rate I found is $70 per hour, with a 1-hour surcharge for "transportation" and $50 sur charge for "stairs of death"

thanks

lucky1

TRIBE Member
After my last experience with movers I will never hire movers again. such hell.

Well maybe one of the big ones like AMJ campbell or sumthin.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Preroller

TRIBE Member
We rented a Ryder truck for 30 bucks a day and if you pay me in beer or weed, I would help out..too bad your moving in the winter though.

DAVE

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sugar

TRIBE Member
Jake,
The movers we used this summer were amazing, but they are pretty expensive - like $125 per hour. It was so worth it, though. They were extremely professional, well-prepared, and provided an accurate cost/time estimate. It didn't end up being much more than the crappy, cheap movers I used before, because they estimated accurately, and there were no suprise costs.

If you want the number, let me know.

kuba

TRIBE Member
For those that have seen my apartment, you know I dont have many things. 10 Rubbermaid stacking boxes, 2 couches, one mattress, one small bed frame, 1 TV, 2 dining room chairs, and clothing. The only problem is the stairs! But going down is much easier than going up... Anyways- thanks for your help and I'll get in touch with those who offered if need be, Im just trying to figure out when I can move my stuff to the new place.

Peace,

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by qtip
can you please post recommendations for movers here? so far the best rate I found is $70 per hour, with a 1-hour surcharge for "transportation" and $50 sur charge for "stairs of death"

thanks

hahahaa...

I shall miss those stairs of death. They proved very challenging when intoxicated and icy... ok .. they are all around challenging. :D

So excited about your move!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ben

TRIBE Member
i moved this summer. after calling every mover (almost) in the city, el cheapo was the chippity cheapest by far.
they are a little sketchy (i.e: cranky old man; only take cash) but it's worth it.

squirrely

TRIBE Member
i'll do it.

for nine dollars, a six of Bud, and maybe a hand job.

p.s. yay to your big move, jake! i'm happy for you.
p.p.s. remember how bitter we were this summer? now i am bitter and you're all shiny and happy and that just makes me more bitter. but in a i'm-happy-for-you kinda way.