• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Urei mixers

why not

TRIBE Member
when talking about Urei, it's important to note that only the rotary mixer (the 1620) has anything to do with that company's rich heritage.
most would agree that it sounds better than anything else being made today, although the lack of features scares most DJs off.

their new line of mixers have nothing to do with Urei, other than the brand name, which harmon kardon bought, along with the design of the 1620.

i've read nothing about their scratch mixers - they might be good, they might suck. they are digital i believe, which means they'll sound nothing like the famous Urei's.

if you want a fader mixer, go with A&H - they're proven, and are increasingly common in clubs.

as far as i know, the guvernment is the only club in toronto that has a Urei, and it's an original from the 80s (or 70s) not a reissue.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
why not said:
when talking about Urei, it's important to note that only the rotary mixer (the 1620) has anything to do with that company's rich heritage.
most would agree that it sounds better than anything else being made today, although the lack of features scares most DJs off.

their new line of mixers have nothing to do with Urei, other than the brand name, which harmon kardon bought, along with the design of the 1620.

i've read nothing about their scratch mixers - they might be good, they might suck. they are digital i believe, which means they'll sound nothing like the famous Urei's.

if you want a fader mixer, go with A&H - they're proven, and are increasingly common in clubs.

as far as i know, the guvernment is the only club in toronto that has a Urei, and it's an original from the 80s (or 70s) not a reissue.

Tried the original as well as the remade ones. THe remade one sound better than most the originals because their parts are now up to spec. Most Semiconductors and caps have about a 20 year life span. Even then they tend to loose their ratings so this could be why the newer ones sound cleaner. Who knows if the old ones redone sound the same but I know many of the famous people who stick them in top notch clubs like Garry Newman Sound redo the phono sections with their own custom design. Still I find the allen and Heath v6 sound better than both but for a fraction of the cost the Urie is great.

On a side note I have heard the new Eurie (named) mixers sound compariable to the Allen and heaths.

why not

TRIBE Member
Humanjava said:
Tried the original as well as the remade ones. THe remade one sound better than most the originals because their parts are now up to spec. Most Semiconductors and caps have about a 20 year life span. Even then they tend to loose their ratings so this could be why the newer ones sound cleaner. Who knows if the old ones redone sound the same but I know many of the famous people who stick them in top notch clubs like Garry Newman Sound redo the phono sections with their own custom design. Still I find the allen and Heath v6 sound better than both but for a fraction of the cost the Urie is great.

On a side note I have heard the new Eurie (named) mixers sound compariable to the Allen and heaths.
i think you mean gary stewart audio ;)

the old guys debate endlessly about whether the reissue sounds better or worse, but they all agree it still sounds better than pretty much anything else actually still being manufactured (with the possible exceptions of the V6, formula sound, and maybe E&S).

anyway, he probably doesn't want an old school rotary mixer.

you want faders, you're best off with an A&H, although some say the Rane Empath is pretty decent.
formula sound make fader and rotary mixers, but i don't think anyone sells them in canada, so you'd have to ebay it or order from somewhere.
they're apparently quite good, and i like the layout and design.

who the fuck are eurie? google knows nothing about them.

Last edited:

Littlej

TRIBE Member
i went for a Xone:32..a down grade from my 92 but i need the cash..and A&H kills Pioneer, so I think ill be happy.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
why not said:
i think you mean gary stewart audio ;)

the old guys debate endlessly about whether the reissue sounds better or worse, but they all agree it still sounds better than pretty much anything else actually still being manufactured (with the possible exceptions of the V6, formula sound, and maybe E&S).

anyway, he probably doesn't want an old school rotary mixer.

you want faders, you're best off with an A&H, although some say the Rane Empath is pretty decent.
formula sound make fader and rotary mixers, but i don't think anyone sells them in canada, so you'd have to ebay it or order from somewhere.
they're apparently quite good, and i like the layout and design.

who the fuck are eurie? google knows nothing about them.

I did one of my mixes on the Rane M and it sounded really clean. I personaly find the A and H a bit more solid in the bass but its kind of like Neve vs SSL. They are both great just a slightly different perspective.
Ya it was GSA I meant. :)