• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Upcoming Spinal Surgery

kline

TRIBE Member
If anyone has any information about one Dr.L.MacDonald at St.Mike's, please send along any info, whether it is positive or negative.

Been back in Barrie for over a year, so I'm out of touch with anyone in TO that consider(+s/+d) me a pal. I don't expect much of a, if any, reply about this.

Been ages since I've been on here, but since I found out my surgeons name, I've been looking everywhere for info/experiences with him.

For all those who hate me, find a better time to express it.
Thanks in advance for those who respond knowledgeably--

Stop Bill C-10

Liability

TRIBE Member
If anyone has any information about one Dr.L.MacDonald at St.Mike's, please send along any info, whether it is positive or negative.

Been back in Barrie for over a year, so I'm out of touch with anyone in TO that consider(+s/+d) me a pal. I don't expect much of a, if any, reply about this.

Been ages since I've been on here, but since I found out my surgeons name, I've been looking everywhere for info/experiences with him.

For all those who hate me, find a better time to express it.
Thanks in advance for those who respond knowledgeably--

I had spinal surgery at St. Mike's. I had a laminectomy/disectomy at L5 S1. I had a different doctor (Dr. R Perrin) but I would be happy to share my experience if you have any general questions.

kline

TRIBE Member
I had spinal surgery at St. Mike's. I had a laminectomy/disectomy at L5 S1.
I'm have a discectomy to start with at L4-L5, but depending on what they actually see, they may have to do another procedure on the fly regarding my L5-S1.
The MRIs show that both are not in great shape but since my symptoms are only in my left leg, they're hopeful the procedure will "fix me right up," as the doc said.

Liability

TRIBE Member
I'm have a discectomy to start with at L4-L5, but depending on what they actually see, they may have to do another procedure on the fly regarding my L5-S1.
The MRIs show that both are not in great shape but since my symptoms are only in my left leg, they're hopeful the procedure will "fix me right up," as the doc said.

Couple of tips during the procedure.

Make sure you are walking around the hospital as much as possible after the procedure. I was limping around with my morphine drip and my backless gown like something out of a comedy. It helps with the recovery to move as much as possible. I was out in a day. Recovery time was fairly short.

They will try to push a catheter on you as it saves them having to help you up to the washroom through the night. If you get the catheter you will be tied to the bed. Do no get it.

Good luck with your procedure.

swenard

TRIBE Member
I've had two spinal surgeries at st Mike's. I had a fusion, after a car accident five years ago and a discectomy done a year ago. My surgeon was Dr Ahn, who is fantastic.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders