• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Upadating Nvidia Driver crashed my PC

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
Hey,

I have a Geforce 6800GT OC PCI-e, lastnight I wanted to updated my driver for it. I went to uninstall the current driver (about a year old), during the process the dreaded blue screen came up say Unmnountable_boot_volume. I rebooted and as XP started to load the same screen came up. Since then I tried Windows Recovery consul but the same happens as soon as it starts to load. In safe mode start-up, it hangs when loading Mup.sys and the blue screen come up again. So basically I can't get into Windows XP nor the recovery mode.:mad:

Is my windows corrupt? anything I can do or should I service it? :confused:

Thanks,
TrIbAlNut
 

randyval

TRIBE Member
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297185&Product=winxp

This behavior can occur if either of the following conditions is true:
• Your computer uses an Ultra Direct Memory Access (UDMA) hard disk controller, and the following conditions are true:
• You use a standard 40-wire connector cable to connect the UDMA drive to the controller instead of the required 80-wire, 40-pin cable.
• The basic input/output system (BIOS) settings are configured to force the faster UDMA modes.
• The file system is damaged and cannot be mounted.


Damaged File System
If the second parameter (0xbbbbbbbb) of the Stop error is 0xC0000032, then the file system is damaged.

If this is the case, restart the computer to the Recovery Console, and then use the chkdsk /r command to repair the volume. After you repair the volume, check your hardware to isolate the cause of the file system damage.

To do this, use the following steps:
1. Start your computer with the Windows startup disks, or with the Windows CD-ROM if your computer can start from the CD-ROM drive.
2. When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to select the repair option.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the Windows installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
4. Type the administrator password when you are prompted to do so.

NOTE: If no administrator password exists, press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, on the drive where Windows is installed, type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER.
6. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to restart your computer.For additional information about how to use the Recovery Console in Windows XP, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
314058 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058/EN-US/) Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console
 

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
randyvalIf said:
this is the case, restart the computer to the Recovery Console, and then use the chkdsk /r command to repair the volume. After you repair the volume, check your hardware to isolate the cause of the file system damage.

To do this, use the following steps:
1. Start your computer with the Windows startup disks, or with the Windows CD-ROM if your computer can start from the CD-ROM drive.
2. When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to select the repair option.

That seems pretty straight forward. When I start windows recover console it still crashes, the same warning comes up again.

How do I get my PC to boot from the XP cd, I put it into the cd drive lastnight but it did shit all.

thanks,
TrIbAlNuT
 

randyval

TRIBE Member
TrIbAlNuT said:
That seems pretty straight forward. When I start windows recover console it still crashes, the same warning comes up again.

How do I get my PC to boot from the XP cd, I put it into the cd drive lastnight but it did shit all.

thanks,
TrIbAlNuT
you have to set your bios to boot from cd, then when you restart (with cd in drive) it will say "hit any key to boot from cd"
 

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
randyval said:
you have to set your bios to boot from cd, then when you restart (with cd in drive) it will say "hit any key to boot from cd"
I see, I'll give that a try.

Thanks randyval!!!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top