• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

unisex washrooms.

mingster

TRIBE Member
I went to Hush this past weekend, and well...their bathrooms are quite interesting. The guys have a separate little room, with a trough. Yes, a trough. And the ladies use stalls that are right in front of the sinks, which are shared by the guys and the girls. The sink area is also manned by a male bathroom attendant. Who stands right outside the stalls, and is there to hand you paper towel once you're done washing your hands. So for all intents and purposes, this is a unisex bathroom. Devoid of most of the privacies we are used to when using public washrooms. Not only do the women have to groom themselves in the same area as the men, but the men have to pee in front of each other, into a trough.

Now, I'm not a guy (I know, I know), so I can't say for sure, but I think I wouldn't like to hafta pee into a trough, with other guys right there. There's not even any dividers! And as a girl, I can tell you that I'm not too impressed with having to fix my hair, or whatever with guys coming in right there, amidst the confusion of this fucked up bathroom setup, with male-o bathroom attendant standing right there.

So this is the unisex washroom. I hate it. I like the female tradition of going to the bathroom. I like talking about the boys and the occasional nasty men that deserve a good bitching. I think there should always be this space for us to escape each other when going to a club. I like going to the washroom and emerging a little fresher and nicer looking, without having to worry about it in the bathroom. Anyone get my drift?


Anyways, I hope this annoying trend dies soon.
 

labRat

TRIBE Member
the troughs in mississippi were awesome.

and all sporting facilities have some form of trough.
 

defazman

TRIBE Member
I dont get it either. I've seen the trough different places, and it totally throws off the 1 urinal buffer rule for guys. It's probably designed by some guy with a scat fetish.
 

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
the trough thing is oldschool... Maple Leaf Gardens used to have it. I don't like it myself either, but I'm not one to complain much about what I have to piss into.

I saw on the cover of that "Metro" rag this morning something about unisex washrooms.

You know it was fun when you were right out of it and next thing you know you're in the washroom with all the ladies, queens and trannies but to sort of suggest it has to be that way is dumb. Who wants to do their business in front of some person they're trying to pick up?

Hopefully it's just a passing trend.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
i hated the washrooms at maple leaf gardens.. i'd always get stage fright and couldn't go cause your standin there and your 4 feet away from a guy on the opposite side whos goin and starin at you....

odd
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
the trough thing is oldschool... Maple Leaf Gardens used to have it. I don't like it myself either, but I'm not one to complain much about what I have to piss into.

I saw on the cover of that "Metro" rag this morning something about unisex washrooms.

You know it was fun when you were right out of it and next thing you know you're in the washroom with all the ladies, queens and trannies but to sort of suggest it has to be that way is dumb. Who wants to do their business in front of some person they're trying to pick up?

Hopefully it's just a passing trend.

yeah, the article was saying that this unisex washroom thing is reserved for the nicer, more fancier places in the city. for now. like this is supposed to be some kinda privileged thing.
 

Adam

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
like this is supposed to be some kinda privileged thing.
i think the fancy places have run out of ideas.

dont you understand? its more european
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Adam
i think the fancy places have run out of ideas.

dont you understand? its more european

ahh, yes. more ghey.


maybe the washrooms were designed by metrosexuals.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Adam
now that's just begging to be on a t-shirt.
indeed.

I know it's ghey and it's slightly offensive, but it was too much of a snicker not to repeat.
 

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
yeah, the article was saying that this unisex washroom thing is reserved for the nicer, more fancier places in the city. for now. like this is supposed to be some kinda privileged thing.
Grrrrreat.
(I hate them too Mel.)
 

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Only a man would think of this. Men seem to think that women dropping their friends off at the pool is less repugnant than a man doing the same. I blame douche commercials featuring meadows and lilacs and stuff.

 

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Listening to CFNY this morning, Dean Blundell talked of how he went to Rain and had to go. Really badly. Picked a stall that had people on either side. Both women. But having to go, he ssaid it made some noise on the way out.

Now being a guy, that's normal, but how many women want to hear and smell some guy who's really got to go?
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
Only a man would think of this. Men seem to think that women dropping their friends off at the pool is less repugnant than a man doing the same. I blame douche commercials featuring meadows and lilacs and stuff.

that shirt is a quote from "Friday"
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
Only a man would think of this. Men seem to think that women dropping their friends off at the pool is less repugnant than a man doing the same. I blame douche commercials featuring meadows and lilacs and stuff.

i think most men like to think that women don't make poo. nor do they pass gas.


i also think many chicks don't make number 2 in public. to which i :rolleyes:
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top