• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Unfortunate business names

tayo

TRIBE Member
I just called CUMMING-COCKBURN LTD. about participating in Environmental Career Day. Woo!

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tayo
I just called CUMMING-COCKBURN LTD. about participating in Environmental Career Day. Woo!
This is a Waterloo based company, one unending prank you'd see was driving past to see the '-burn' spray painted or otherwise blotted out

FAG manufactures ball bearings...I believe they're german

zoo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Unfortunate business names

why would they paint over the burn?

cockburn is even funnier!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by OTIS
There's a company in Mississauga called FAG.
haha. They were a client of ours when i was a headhunter. and every time a sale is made, a notice goes up with the company name - our boss changed it to GAF Automotive instead of FAG to avoid the comments.

anyway, carry on.

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
There's a company in Mississauga called FAG.

Back in the day when I went to Western I would drive home every weekend. I would point at the FAG sign along the 401 and tell my friend, "Hey look, it's your company."

I never got tired of that one.

I knew a girl whose last name was Cockburn.

We all had a good laugh about it when she joined our class (grade 4) until she told us how to pronounce it PROPERLY (threatened): cowe-burn.

Dudly

TRIBE Member
FAG has a big factory in Statford. They used to sponsor the city soccer and other teams.
Try going to other cities and competing in on an all male team with "FAG" splayed across your jersy.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Wang. I don't know what they do but they've use to have a factory on the 404 north of # 7. It might still be there.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kmac
My highschool bus driver's name was Harry Woodcock.
Holy fuck I had a friend named Donna Woodcock.

She lived on a street in Scarborough called Hiscock.

She went to woburn. Maybe it was her dad?

kmac

TRIBE Member
Hiscock is a long street.

I wish I lived on Skunthorpe Ave. in Scarborough.

But, yah, maybe Donna's dad is Harry.

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
Wang. I don't know what they do but they've use to have a factory on the 404 north of # 7. It might still be there.

What's that geeks name from the Simpsons? In one episode Nelson punched him in the gut for wearing a "Wang Computers" t-shirt.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
I knew a girl whose last name was Cockburn.

We all had a good laugh about it when she joined our class (grade 4) until she told us how to pronounce it PROPERLY (threatened): cowe-burn.
I went to school with a Kim Gayman. You pronounced it Gayman. She grew up to be a stunning 6 foot tall blonde. The moral of the story: Try to sleep with as many girls you can when you're young because when they grow up to be hotties you can always say "Yup, I shtooped that!"

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Experts Exchange...

It's not so much their company name as their company website that's unfortunate: www.expertsexchange.com

I don't know if their website is still around, but apparently they'd get a lot of hits from people who were looking for something COMPLETELY different.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders