• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

uneven levels

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
i've been archiving my collection of late, but i've found that i have strange level issues.

i have my turntables set up through serato to ins on a delta 1010 break-out box connected to my pc.

so far i have tried bypassing serato, changing channels on the 1010, replacing styli, changing mixers, and a few other things, but i always have uneven left and right channels.

the leds on the mixer tell me that the source is supplying a louder right channel, so i thought perhaps the rcas on the turntable were unbalanced, but i have the exact same problem with my other turntable.

gah, any ideas?

why not

TRIBE Member
it wouldn't have anything to do with the turntables, it's either within your computer, within the serato box, or in the mixer.

you may have a global pan setting somewhere in your PC, i'd start there.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
why not said:
it wouldn't have anything to do with the turntables, it's either within your computer, within the serato box, or in the mixer.

OR if you cartridge is out of alignment and the antiskate is set wrong it can have a balance issue.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
why not said:

no, i've already checked the pc settings, bypassed the serato box, tried different mixers, different needles etc.

believe me, i've tried all the basics already, but humanjava may be on to something..

why not

TRIBE Member
the record is just timecode, it wouldn't effect panning.

edit : shit, i'm an idiot, i thought this was about playback, not recording.
sorry.

have you tried removing serrato completely for the recording chain (i know you said bypass, but i wanted to make sure you'd tried it without serrato at all). you'd need to put a preamp between the turntable and your soundcard, or a mixer.

Last edited:

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Call the customer service line, and they usually have good advice... stuff we usually look over. I think it has to do with a setting in your computer. I have a Mac and my audio was coming out like crap. I did a search on Google about hooking up your audio and it gave me step by step direction, and now my audio comes out amazing.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
why not said:
have you tried removing serrato completely for the recording chain (i know you said bypass, but i wanted to make sure you'd tried it without serrato at all). you'd need to put a preamp between the turntable and your soundcard, or a mixer.
yeah, that was one of the first things i did.

it's definitely not a computer problem either.. i suspect the problem occurs between the record and the mixer somewhere, though it's strange that both turntables have the same issue.

i've tried pretty much everything, and i'm thinking both turntables have slightly unbalanced rca's for whatever reason. i unplugged the rca's and reversed them, and the problem was reversed as well, so it's either in the carts or the rca's. i replaced the styli, problem persists, so..

i should mention that this isn't a new issue that just snuck up on me.. it's been like this for years. i just never bothered to fix it because it's not severe, though it's a pain for archiving.