• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Underworld coming to a North American city near you

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

atbell

TRIBE Member
ndrwrld said:
underworld have started to lock-in what's starting to look like a mini-world tour that starts in north america in september. taking in venues such as the hollywood bowl in los angeles, and central park in new york, the north america leg already promises to be very special. expect more shows to be added in the coming weeks.

funny, I don't see "stanly park" or "UBC" or "gastown" in that list... where's the Vancouver love???

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
the love is coming.
image.jpg

neato toys i tell ya.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Underworld were supposed to play the ejekt festival in greece this past weekend...

heres a brief synopsis of what didnt and did happen...

Underworlds’ Rick Smith, Karl Hyde, Darren Price and crew were caught up in trouble reportedly caused by “anarchists” at the Eject Festival in Athens on Saturday night (16/06/07). Underworld were scheduled to close the festival that also included Madness and The Beastie Boys. It is reported that a group of around 30 masked individuals, armed with CS-gas, iron bars and baseball bats stormed the stadium at around 11.20pm as The Beastie Boys were performing. As cars were burned and property damaged, the stadium was evacuated. Underworlds’ Rick Smith was one of the injured. He was hospitalised for a time in Athens, but has now returned to the UK for further treatment. Several other people including security guards were seriously hurt.

fucked up stuff.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
seems the promoter opened up the gates shortly before this happened...not enough purchased tickets. so, ya, let in a shitload of people for free, ya that makes sense.
the rioters broke into the liquor serving areas and stole alot of booze, which probably fuelled this incident in a bad way.
tho, im putting all blame on the Beastie Boys, just like the Red Hot Chili Peppers ala Woodstock.:p
sounds like Rick Smith maybe got hit in the head with a brick.:(
get well soon Rick.baconpan

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
hes prolly back home in Romford.
totally sucks that they couldnt even play.

new album cover for new album...
Underworld_Oblivion-with-Bells.jpg

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
it's official...Rhyss and I are attending
09-nov-07 heineken music hall amsterdam holland
10-nov-07 i love techno gent belgium.
technics1200 technics1200 technics1200 technics1200 technics1200 technics1200 technics1200 technics1200 technics1200 technics1200

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
Festival riot leaves Underworld man injured

Underworld’s Rick Smith was left hospitalised after a gang wielding iron bars, tear gas and baseball bats stormed the Heineken Ejekt festival in Athens, Greece on Saturday.

A gang of around 30 masked attackers thought to be anarchists stormed the event at around 11.20pm whilst the Beastie Boys were on stage.

Smith was due to close out the festival with bandmates Karl Hyde and DJ Darren Price, but was injured along with several other persons.

Police and festival organisers were forced to evacuate the baseball stadium where the festival was being staged, whilst Smith was taken to hospital where he stayed for a short while before returning home to the UK for further treatment.

The chaos continued outside the stadium – several cars were torched and more rioting continued.

It is not known why the group targeted the normally peaceful event.

http://www.beatportal.com/news/item/festival-riot-leaves-underworld-man-injured/

Not much new there I guess...

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
Tribe meetup at I Love Techno!

We might also do Amsterdam and/or Frankfurt and/or Köln but they're all weekday shows so it depends on our school/work schedules...

Last edited:

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
stargurl* said:
Tribe meetup at I Love Techno!

We might also do Amsterdam and/or Frankfurt and/or Köln but they're all weekday shows so it depends on our school/work schedules...
tribe / dirty meet...should be crazy.
now, the lineup for ILoveTechno plzkthx.