1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Understanding the low mid-range

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by cosmosuave, Aug 14, 2013.

1. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

RA: Understanding the low mid-range

Some frequency ranges can make or break a mix. RA's Jono Buchanan explores one of them.

If you're a music producer, feedback from clients, friends or other trusted ears is a hugely useful barometer of how close a mix is to being finished. But when analyzing their (hopefully) constructive criticism, it's interesting to note how you put their words into action. If you're a graphic designer and you show a client some work, it's not hard for them to say "that blue could be darker," or "that font could be larger." For producers, similar suggestions—"the mix could have more air," or "it could be crunchier"—are less tangible. Producers get better with experience at assigning meaning to these, but some are easier to tackle in a mix than others.

2. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

I haven't read this yet, but just wanted to say thanks for sharing. It's like an internet hug.

3. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

It was a helpful article for me... I try'd some of the tips and did notice a difference in my mix...