• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

"Under the table" jobs?

Kiera

TRIBE Member
This is probably a long shot but its worth a try. My boyfriend is coming from Ireland at the begining of May. Im currently in the middle of sponsoring him as a common law partner and its in the process of being reviewed. He's going to be staying with my family and I until his review goes through, unfortunatley he cant get a real job until then because he's not coming with any type of visa. Which is why if anyone knows of any work for the summer that would pay under the table, it would be greatly help us out. He's a strong guy and willing to do pretty much anything. If anyone can give me a heads up I would be grateful. Thanks. (feel free to pm me)

dyad

TRIBE Member
I worked at a queen st bar/restaurant that payed under the table plus tips. plus they are always hiring because the owner is a dick. i didnt last very long but ive also had friends who stayed there for years so if he can roll his eyes to a difficult personality, its in a great location for really good money

oooh and i know another pub a friend worked at in the annex that also took on under the table people on occasion for servers.

PM for the names if he'd like to do that.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Kiera

TRIBE Member
oh right cause this is the first illegal post on this board. What about all the threads discussing drug use.

Hamza

TRIBE Member
Honestly...take it from someone who is VERY familiar with the legality of sponsorship, immigration, etc.,

DO NOT WORK UNDER THE TABLE.

That is all I will say here.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Maui

TRIBE Member
haha, c'mon international students are not allowed to work here so there are tons of them working under the table jobs that I know of. Some are managing resto's and shit even.

The entire landscaping industry is under the table also.

Hamza

TRIBE Member
Maui said:
haha, c'mon international students are not allowed to work here so there are tons of them working under the table jobs that I know of. Some are managing resto's and shit even.

Actually, we just got an email at work about that. Int. students will now be allowed to work here.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Maui said:
incorrect.
most general landscaping jobs run from spring thaw, to first snowfall.
then, they take the winter off, and collect EI, or join the plowing team.
ive worked for at least 4 or 5 different landscaping companies across Ontario, and all involved paying taxes.