• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Under the Skin questions answered

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I just watched Under the Skin which I thought was OK, but I do have questions about the film:

1. Where was the spacecraft? Did I miss it?
2. How did the aliens get all that black goo into those derelict houses without the neighbors noticing.
3. Is the spacecraft hovering above the derelict houses by any chance? (still wondering where the spacecraft was)
4. Why does everyone find Scartet Johansson so hawt? She looks kind of shlubby to me without the magic of still photography and photoshop retouching. If she was walking down Yong St. in her acid wash jeans you wouldn't give her a second glance.
5. The dead girl the motorcycle guy took out of the field at the beginning - was she also an alien?
6. If it was so easy for the motorcycle aliens to drive up to elephant man, bop him on the head, throw him in the trunk of a car and drive off, why weren't the motorcycle aliens doing the hunting for humans instead of Scartlet, who had to drive around for hours and hours before even getting one dude to preserve in alien aspic.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
You don't find her hot?

No black goo for you.

She is OK in a girl next door kind of way, but wouldn't aliens be using super hot chicks if they are hunting humans as opposed to some regular looking chick driving a van?

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
It was Scotland. Last time I was in Scotland, a girl with her front tooth missing was doing very well at the bar.

As we watched the movie I asked my wife "are guys really THAT available?" and she just gave me a look of "are you dumb?"

Apparently the guys she picked up in the movie were not actors, and were not acting.

So lots of guys would get with her.

Last edited:

The Truth

TRIBE Member
I heard on a podcast recently, that a lot of people in Hollywood talk about how "not hot" Scarlett Johansson is...I think she's OK most of the time, but def overrated...she looked like a Russian hooker in the movie

Also, that scene at the beach was messed up

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I kept thinking, if you were an alien looking to hunt dudes to bring home and preserve in aspic, why would you go to a beach with a screaming baby drawing attention to you while you waited till one washed in on the high tide? This doesn't even take into consideration that you have to drag him 1 km along the beach to your van.

Obviously this alien chick ain't a rocket scientist.

wickedken

TRIBE Member

There was no spaceship unless I missed it too.

2. How did the aliens get all that black goo into those derelict houses without the neighbors noticing.

Aliens are powerful.

3. Is the spacecraft hovering above the derelict houses by any chance? (still wondering where the spacecraft was)

Don't think this was important in the film actually.

4. Why does everyone find Scartet Johansson so hawt? She looks kind of shlubby to me without the magic of still photography and photoshop retouching. If she was walking down Yong St. in her acid wash jeans you wouldn't give her a second glance.

She's easily in the top percentages in terms of attractiveness.

5. The dead girl the motorcycle guy took out of the field at the beginning - was she also an alien?

I thought so... when you take it in the theme of the movie it makes sense as you have an alien who got in too deep with their prey and had the tables turned.

6. If it was so easy for the motorcycle aliens to drive up to elephant man, bop him on the head, throw him in the trunk of a car and drive off, why weren't the motorcycle aliens doing the hunting for humans instead of Scartlet, who had to drive around for hours and hours before even getting one dude to preserve in alien aspic.

ScarJo was trolling for the loners so no one would miss them. Motorcycle dude at that point was performing cleaning duties. And ScarJo is hot.

Primavera

TRIBE Member
Scarjo is mega off-the-charts hot. Always has been, always will be.

Part of the appeal is she never looks like a waif-thin model type, she's got a bit of curves.

Those boobs, that raspy voice, that face.

Y'all crazy if you don't find her hot, imo.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member

Part of the appeal is she never looks like a waif-thin model type, she's got a bit of curves.

100% agree.

wickedken

TRIBE Member

One of the interesting fallouts from the Sony hack re the Steve Jobs movie: “Why are we not doing this with Charlize?” he asked Pascal in a Nov. 5 e-mail. “She is a little big of a bigger star than Scarlett Johansson.”

Sony Exit From Steve Jobs Film Sparks Angry E-Mail - Bloomberg

I just watched Under the Skin which I thought was OK, but I do have questions about the film:

I got the impression that the aliens are from another dimension and not needing a spaceship - hence the reason the run down house goes completely black when she's leading in her victims. To me, it kind of indicated that they could bend space giving a sort of Dr. Who Tardis effect - small on the outside, big on the inside. Also, we have no clue where the insides go other than that really fucked up sequence that kind of reminded me of a cattle slaughterhouse abattoir after the one dude snapped and became nothing but skin.

No, she's a victim of the aliens and basically a bodysuit for ScarJo's character - ScarJo's character assumed the body (if you watch the all white room scene after the body is loaded into the van, ScarJo is both the victim and the alien). There is a scene after the first few victims where a potential victim remarks how her skin is kind of sagging around the eyes and lips. Shortly afterwards, the motorcycle guy inspects her from all angles (back of her head, side, front) to see if there's any ruptures in the skinsuit (remember how she pulled it off at the end of the movie).

I assumed it was to keep a low profile - his going after the guy with the facial disease was an emergency action. Dude's running around naked in the British countryside and has experienced the whole luring in sort of deal - that's going to bring some unwanted attention, regardless if the dude is taken seriously or deemed a nutbar.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
aside from the realism aspect IE the guys she picked up, the movie sucked and was a complete drain on my attention span.