• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

UN ad that the networks won't air

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
people who constantly post pics of themselves looking artistically alienated, in the pictures thread, actually.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by gasper
No, I haven't lived there. But I've been there and seen it with my own eyes many times.

I can see what you're saying, don't get me wrong.. I've been to some bad places myself but once you get back to good old NA you stop thinkin about it.

You know, out of sight is out of mind.

gasper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by marcinm
I can see what you're saying, don't get me wrong.. I've been to some bad places myself but once you get back to good old NA you stop thinkin about it.

You know, out of sight is out of mind.

You have a valid point, for sure. But not everyone forgets and moves on with their (distracted) life so easily. Some people are affected more and end up actually doing something about it. The people that put together this UN video are one example.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

marcinm

TRIBE Member
You have a valid point, for sure. But not everyone forgets and moves on with their (distracted) life so easily. Some people are affected more and end up actually doing something about it. The people that put together this UN video are one example.

Yeah, I just try not to think about it. Usually I'll switch the channel as fast as possible if I ever come across one of those World Vision progams. Even so, I try to support initiatives to help.

gasper

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I just try not to think about it. Usually I'll switch the channel as fast as possible if I ever come across one of those World Vision progams. Even so, I try to support initiatives to help.

You seem to fit the demographic... the targetted audience for this TV ad. Avoidance is an easy way out, and we often resort to this. It's a natural response for many people.

Saying "I try to support initiatives" isn't the same as saying "I support initiatives". Hopefully some people will see this ad (and other things in life) and make that small change that could potentially make a huge difference.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
You seem to fit the demographic... the targetted audience for this TV ad. Avoidance is an easy way out, and we often resort to this. It's a natural response for many people.

Saying "I try to support initiatives" isn't the same as saying "I support initiatives". Hopefully some people will see this ad (and other things in life) and make that small change that could potentially make a huge difference.

I think the AD would be more effective if the explosion was bigger. As it is, it's sorta confusing.. like "was it a terrorist attack?" cause that's what i thought at first.

RJ45

TRIBE Member
I think the AD would be more effective if the explosion was bigger. As it is, it's sorta confusing.. like "was it a terrorist attack?" cause that's what i thought at first.
wtf

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by RJ45
wtf

to clarify:

the explosion was just like a "poof" and suddenly there were people strewn all over the place.. they need to add some flames and possibly a fireball, something that i can relate to.

RJ45

TRIBE Member
to clarify:

the explosion was just like a "poof" and suddenly there were people strewn all over the place.. they need to add some flames and possibly a fireball, something that i can relate to.
1. Go to Cambodia and locate minefield.
2. Set up video camera and start rolling.
3. Run around until you step on a landmine.
4. Submit footage to UN and ad agency so they can make it more accurate.

BrianT

TRIBE Member
I hope to god you're kidding.

AdamAnt

TRIBE Member
Here's a mine inspired joke:

During basic training the sgt. is telling the new recruits just how deadly mines are.

One of the privates askes: "Sir, what is the standard procedure if we DO accidentally step on a mine?"

The sgt answers: "The standard procedure is to launch yourself 20 feet in the air and then scatter yourself over a large area."

xopus

TRIBE Member
to clarify:

hahahahaahah

do you even know what an explosion looks like??
cause that certainly isnt it.

the explosion in the video is pretty accurate.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
There is no possible way this could ever be played on television. You would have to place warnings before it. This is an example of an advertising firm trying to get some publicity and an organization taking whatever press it can get.

I'm against land mines but this commercial was never meant to be aired and its obvious. This is just fishing for publicity and thats it.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
God forbid anyone in north america EVER be expected to confront the reality their country is responsible for. Ignorance is a right!

xopus

TRIBE Member
has anyone thought about starting to email networks and push for them to broadcast this?

who knows, maybe if they realize that people want this to be shown, they might reconsider.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
God forbid anyone in north america EVER be expected to confront the reality their country is responsible for. Ignorance is a right!

Ignorance is one thing. This ad is fiction. It shows a girl blowing up on a socer field. It is not file footage it was acted. This is not pictures of kids with limbs blown off in foriegn lands this is a fictional recreation.

You can't argue reality by showing fiction.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
Ignorance is one thing. This ad is fiction. It shows a girl blowing up on a socer field. It is not file footage it was acted. This is not pictures of kids with limbs blown off in foriegn lands this is a fictional recreation.

You can't argue reality by showing fiction.

You leave me speechless.