• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

ultra spin

Special K

TRIBE Member
I had an alright time last night.

I spent pretty much the whole night in The Drink. Wandered thru the main room / kool haus / gallery ONCE and ummmmmmm yeaaaa crowd + music, not really my thing lol. As per usual The Drink was where the party was at.

M+S were droppping lots of sick tunage b4 Axwell came on. And Then Axwell came on and the first few tunes were OK but everything after that was kinda lame / cheesey / played out. I would have had more fun if M+S had stayed on all night. Oh well ... still a decent time out last night! I'd love to see someone like Mark Knight, Audiofly or King Unique or up in that space.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
I'll say this: had a better time at the pre-part than at the actual event. Kool Haus was WAY too loud, and it was cold. Guy Ornadel was completely shit. Other than the premade tracking treasure down mashup he played at the beginning of his set, he managed to trainwreck pretty much every single mix. The bass was set too high to cover this lack of mixing abilities (and possible deafness) and I was overall unimpressed.

By the time Rank1 came on I was not happy to be there, and it got EVEN louder. It felt like my earplugs were doing nothing and the sound was hurthing my ears. Piet's mixing was a lot better, and good tracks, but I left at 3 since I couldn't stand it.

Orange room, well, you know... hiphop.. but if you like hiphop or can at least pretend to like listening to stuff like "Fuck her like a Bitch" the you would've cleaned up like you wouldn't imagine.

Guv, *meh* decorations were shit and didn't stay there longer than 3 minutes, thought the volume was a bit more to my liking.

The Drink, not sure, didn't go.

Gallery, whoever was spinning there around 2ish was TERRIBLE, trainwrecking and cutting tracks.. disgusting, and he should get his ass fired, like last week. It was also loud, but not distorted loud like KH. Also way too sketchy for me, and somebody threw a drink at my friend, so we left.

Nice running into some Tribers (you know who you are, so I won't mention your names) and some friendly TA's, some of whom were giving 110% on the floor.. it was almost slightly disconcerting to watch them dance so much lol.

Again, they really need to turn down the volume at these things, it's just ridiculous.

Alos, a side note, the crowd in the KH was cool, for the most part, except for a few totally whacked out exceptions, but that's almost a normal thing at these sort of events.

Hamza

TRIBE Member
how was dave ralph?

I never made it out...something to do with 750ml of liquer in my system in under 1 hour....

yeah...TKO

preacherman

TRIBE Member
So what do you do when you've rented a few movies to spend a quiet night at home with friends. You welcome them into your home for a few beers and some dinner and talk about the selection (Broke Back, Memoirs, Corpse Bride) as we listento a new compilation CD you bought the other night. The CD plays out well into your prime viewing time and suddenly you realize that half of them are ready for bed and the others are itching to do something.

Not realizing the head line of the event we decided to hit the Gallery. And we were not disappointed in the least. Addy was working that 4 channel Xone 62 technics1200 dropping beats and bombs in as many pockets as he could fill. The room was just asking for more so Nathan came on and just took us in a whole other direction, and in typical form Sydney comes in and delivers a new blend of what she has been working on lately. The vibe was spot on; people were in a really good mood last night, ladies especially :D . Was able to move about the club realitively easy for a nice change. And the closing hours in the Guvernment is always an added bonus. KJ as I know you are probably reading this from Scotland - Phil and I just couldn't resist. You were here in spirit.

In my opinion the Gallery deserves its own review thread every weekend. It is a separate experience all together from the Guvernment mothership ;).

Now in order to avoid late fees I am going to attempt to watch all three of these movies. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Snapper

TRIBE Member
preacherman said:
In my opinion the Gallery deserves its own review thread every weekend. It is a separate experience all together from the Guvernment mothership ;).
YES!

chrisky

TRIBE Member
really wanted to hear axwell but didn't realize there was a separate admission for the drink. I was very curious to see if his djing was as good as his production!

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
chrisky said:
really wanted to hear axwell but didn't realize there was a separate admission for the drink. I was very curious to see if his djing was as good as his production!
separate admission? I thought it was all access like always. so basically, it was just a regular club night where the kool haus was open then. anyway, he was great. he closed the place, you could have come up after 3.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
groovespinna said:
separate admission? I thought it was all access like always. so basically, it was just a regular club night where the kool haus was open then. anyway, he was great. he closed the place, you could have come up after 3.
I thought it was all access after a certain time as well, but when I tried to go upstairs at around 2am the bouncer said they don't open up till 5am. I judt greased the bouncer $10 to let me through.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders