• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Uh...Wintergalactic...what's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by hardtekfunk
maybe I'll be setting up a sound system in the parking lot after all.....

@m.

He he - :)
I'm down.

My predictions:
-No one gets any money back;
-Half the DJ's get cut back;
-At least one of the headliners gets cut;
-No free CDs, no free anything that they are promising;
-People who bought tickets still go;
-people who didn't go, at a discounted rate :mad:;
-everyone complains;
-faith in raving = down the drain again.

Ming. <---prolly still going, prolly still gonna complain.

<--- Can feel a "cancelled" coming on, but I do have faith (a little). I hope to god that they didn't just take off to miami and they will deal with this when they come back.

I am still bitter about the Ferry Corsten event a year or two ago.

But I do think this event will happen, but perhaps not as exactly as advertised.

Pete

Subscribe to Cannabis Goldsmith, wherever you get your podcasts
C'mon, its not like we haven't seen this shit before. How many times in the past year has a large party lost its venu at the last minute and everyone gets pissed off? Obviously its not some kind of coincidence. All you can really do now is wait too see what last minute tricks lie up sonic states sleeve. Even if the party takes place outside in circus tents during a thundering rainstorm it will still be remembered as a pivot point in the scene for thinking of something more. If all is lost, I think it'd be a damn shame.

Peace & love. D

Originally posted by mingster

-No one gets any money back;
-Half the DJ's get cut back;
-At least one of the headliners gets cut;
-No free CDs, no free anything that they are promising;
-People who bought tickets still go;
-people who didn't go, at a discounted rate :mad:;
-everyone complains;
-faith in raving = down the drain again.

The look on everyones face when they show up and there's nothing there: Priceless.

My sympathies go out to the Sonic crew, the Wintergalatic crew and the ticketholders. It's a shit situation and unfortunately, the Sonic and Wintergalatic crew have to deal with the PR mess that's been forked over to them from the people who are being dicks (the venue bitches)

This is why I'm not giving the Hershey Centre any of my money. The shit they've pulled in the past was bullshit. So no Chemical Brothers for me.

From the Ministry of looking to blame the correct people. Sonic and Wintergalatic are just the guys who are having to deal with the worst of the situation.

Prime Minister Highsteppa

Did anyone else notice all of the ? marks in the original event posting?

WINTERGALACTIC 2002
EVOLVING THE INTERACTIVE EXPERIENCE
MARCH 30 ? 31st 2002

First 1000 - $40.00 CDN ? ticket valid for two days >------ALMOST SOLD OUT

Advance - $50.00 CDN ? ticket valid for two days

Door ? More

LIVE P/A?s
DJ?s
LIVE BANDS
SPECIAL ACTS
INTERACTIVE MULTIMEDIA EXHIBITS
LIVE ART EXHIBITS
ICE SCULPTORS
TONS OF FREEBIES
AND MUCH MUCH MORE?

coincidence?

Ha Ha Ha Ha
Suckers!

The only time I bought tickets that far in advance was for New Years Eve 1996 It was Destiny, Utopia and two other companies joined to put on the largest New Years Eve party ever like they always say.
The idiots that they are pick a venue in Scarborough and the police wouldn't let anyone in after 1;00 and they shut it down around 5:00.
Those bastards at Destiny promised a make up party, shit they owed ticket holders more then 40 dollars. You can ruin many nights but New Years Eve in -30 below weather forced to line up for an hour and not get in.
I am still waiting for the make up party Destiny, when is i coming.
I keep this crusty old new years eve ticket from 1996 as a reminder never to be a SUCKER again.
I will never go to a Destiny party again!

Originally posted by Pest

I keep this crusty old new years eve ticket from 1996 as a reminder never to be a SUCKER again.
I will never go to a Destiny party again!

What does that have to do with Wintergalactic?

Originally posted by basic

What does that have to do with Wintergalactic?

Nothing. Pest is just name dropping so he can seem like he's been on this scene for a long time. He needs an ego boost to feel good about himself. I personally doubt that he's ever been to any of these parties. Much less he's got a car that he claims to have.

From the Ministry of and he needs another asshole check from his girlfriend.

Highsteppa is a piece of turd shut the F up!

The point is if these companies don't have money to put on an event DON'T. I don't think they should rely on pre-sale tickets when they can not guarantee an event.
They seem to think we are a bunch of suckers just because we like to party.
I don't think this party is going to happen but if it does it will be scaled down substantially. The people who are going to lose are the ones who bought the early-bird tickets.
I never buy early bird tickets unless its a club putting on a show like the government or kool-haus where I am at least guarranteed a show.

Originally posted by Stormshadow

Exactly.
Even though it didn't happen as planned, I still respect what they were trying to accomplish.
If they can pull it off next year, you bet I'll be there.
respect what? i'll admit i don't really know whats going on...but as far as i can see they threw out an idea, never followed through with it-dicked people out of their money, changed the venue, changed the lineup, cut it make from 3 days to 1 nite, thats all fucked up now, website is down and theres people who dropped a fair amount of money expecting it to be a good party and now have no idea if theres even a party. theres nothing in there that i respect. anyone can do that.

Originally posted by Pest
Highsteppa is a piece of turd shut the F up!

Aw, isn't that what the rest of the board keeps telling you?

I think your girlfriend is calling you.

The point is if these companies don't have money to put on an event DON'T. I don't think they should rely on pre-sale tickets when they can not guarantee an event.
They seem to think we are a bunch of suckers just because we like to party.
I don't think this party is going to happen but if it does it will be scaled down substantially. The people who are going to lose are the ones who bought the early-bird tickets.
I never buy early bird tickets unless its a club putting on a show like the government or kool-haus where I am at least guarranteed a show.
^^^^^^^^
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you an actual argument from Pest. Shocking as it is.

From the Minsitry of again, you sometimes have a point. Try editing your thoughts. It's called impulse control.

I'm still going, even if it's for only one reason: support. Andre's right when he said that they've thrown some of the best parties in Toronto, so as a company they still deserve my patronage. They're the only ones out there willing to push things further, and complaining about how it's not working out is not going to make things better. It'll just make less people come out, which'll make things worse for everyone. I think the best thing to do is just hope for the best, and bitch about what didn't happen after the party.

Originally posted by *tranner*
I'm still going, even if it's for only one reason: support. Andre's right when he said that they've thrown some of the best parties in Toronto, so as a company they still deserve my patronage. They're the only ones out there willing to push things further, and complaining about how it's not working out is not going to make things better. It'll just make less people come out, which'll make things worse for everyone. I think the best thing to do is just hope for the best, and bitch about what didn't happen after the party.

EXACTLY. well said.

Originally posted by *tranner*
I think the best thing to do is just hope for the best, and bitch about what didn't happen after the party.

And THEN I get to bitch about paying too much? I don't think so Tranner.

And you know me, and you KNOW I love Sonic State.

But this smells funny. Kind of like what I do right now. *sniff sniff*

Status
Not open for further replies.