• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

UFO Pics aka Another "Who Cares" thread

sp4i6

TRIBE Member
I am sure there's a "who cares" thread here similar to other forums but I was too lazy to find it so I'm making a new one.

Two cool pics of a UFO I snapped on Saturday.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Did you see the object before you shot the picture or was it only apparent once you saw the photo?

sp4i6

TRIBE Member
i noticed it after i took the pic, and then shot some video trying to get more, but it/they were gone. also triple checked it wasn't crap on my camera lens (it wasn't).

sp4i6

TRIBE Member
it's also worth mentioning that these two pics were taken very close to each other so the speed of the 'object' is quite fucking fast.

praktik

TRIBE Member
So you didn't observe this directly in the sky, only saw it in the pictures.

To me it looks like a lensing artefact under a bright sun.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

sp4i6

TRIBE Member
praktik - i thought so as well but i have a bunch of other photos like this (same photo session i mean) without anything weird in the frame. if an artifact showed up in one chances are it would show up in another. i observed it with my eye for a split second. (and yeah, i was sober at the time). meh, the lens flares you posted all look at least vaguely like lens flares. i don't think this one does.

SneakyPete - it's possible.

Last edited:

praktik

TRIBE Member
It won't show up every time - but it's entirely possible to have more than one shot where angle and sun were in right place to create this artefact.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
That won't convince me - I believe you have photos without the artefact. Red flag for me is you didn't observe this with your naked eye.

The most likely explanation is a lens flare.

2nd most likely is atmospheric phenomenae such as high bit of cloud lit up by the sun.

10000000000000 most likely is visitors from another planet

Deus

TRIBE Member
It is a lens flare because the "UFO" and the sun are exactly the same distance from the center of the image in both of the pictures. Zoom out a bit, draw an X from corners of the pictures, and you will see that the sun and the lens flare are exactly symmetrical.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

sp4i6

TRIBE Member
haha awesome! debunked! just as i was about to post the third one i saw the same effect in front of the roof so there's no way it was something in the sky.

here it is: