• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

UFC sat night

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
still rooting for franklin though!

do you know of any specific bars playing this?? love to go out and grab some wings/booze for this:)

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
not sure about the bars...I am having the gang over for some ppv action. can't wait. it is all about Georges St. Pierre

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
i wanna watch this!!! pls give me a heads up if anyone knows a bar this is being played at....

or if anyone wants to split paying for it and watch it i'm down:D

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
I don't know the name of the bar, its at Young and Eglington. West side of Young north of Eglington. Its the bar on above some stores. They show all the boxing PPV's so it might be worthwhile cheching out.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
agentRC4 said:
I don't know the name of the bar, its at Young and Eglington. West side of Young north of Eglington. Its the bar on above some stores. They show all the boxing PPV's so it might be worthwhile cheching out.

hmm i think you may be talking about main event...i'll check it out thanks!

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
great day ahead for me...hockey from 1 -3 with my buddies then we are all coming back to my place and drinking the day away with some xbox and watching ufc, then hitting the town...does it get any better?

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
bombthreat23 said:
great day ahead for me...hockey from 1 -3 with my buddies then we are all coming back to my place and drinking the day away with some xbox and watching ufc, then hitting the town...does it get any better?

just add some herb then PERFECT! :D <---i like that this guys green

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
I just got my dish fixed yesterday... so UFC partay is ON!!!

but wtf to do after tho? all guest lists be closed by then.. hmmm :confused:

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
great card. GSP's fight was good, but what with only 3 rounds? Would have been nice to see 5 rounds for this one.

GSP dismantled buddy in the 2nd, 3rd rounds but got pretty bloody in the 1st.

The Crow got served a plate of Crow. Franklin is just awesome. If David is the top contender Franklin will be champ for a while, but David didn't seem to be into the fight from the get go. No real spark.

Oh and that Hominick guy's fight was pretty impressive.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Good stuff, and I'm so relieved that St-Pierre didn't get detracted from his path to the championship. He managed to get a decent battle out of Penn, and for once didn't look like he could straight up dominate his opponent - which I guess shouldn't be a surprise considering who it is. Nonetheless, I still agree with the decision and felt that he won the fight aside from the visible damage he took in the first round. I wonder what's in store for Penn now? And I'm sure I'll be even more excited for GSP Hughes II than I was for GSP Penn. ;)

Hominick's upset on Edwards was a nice surprise, I think I even picked Yves as my lock of the night to win! It didn't look like Edwards really wanted out of that triangle choke, but Hominick did a sweet job finishing it.

And Crow took a 25-minute long beating at the hands of Franklin, his right eye looked terrible by the end of the fight. To his credit, he took the champ longer than anyone has in UFC, including top fighters in the division, but Loiseau still looked like something was missing, he wasn't as aggressive as usual, wasn't throwing as many flashy kicks or big elbows. Or maybe it's that Franklin was so good at cutting off the angles that just he never had any opportunity.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
For those interested:

- Tom Murphy defeats Icho Larenas at 1:59 of Rd 3 by TKO ref stoppage
- Jason Lambert defeats Rob McDonald at 1:54 of Rd 1 by Kimura
- Sam Stout defeats Spencer Fisher by split decision

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
good card last night, I am glad that they didn't play up the canada vs usa stuff to much, although what was with the crowd boing GSP? so stupid, it was OBVIOUS he won the 2nd and 3rd round, was impossible to score it any other way, although one judge managed too...now if Huges can just get by Gracie... GSP vs Huges 2 could really be something... yeah and what was with Loiseau...where were the elbows? he looked...passive. Hey there a re a couple of bouncer at the Brant House who fight, anyone know their names?

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
I know a couple guys that use to work there, not sure if they still do... Maz, Peter... Brant House only hires grapplers.

Last edited:

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
I was rooting for Penn. Even tho I dig GSP too.. this was a real tough one for me cuz BJ's been my favourite fighter for years and some of my friends have gone to hawaii and trained with him. This fight could have gone either way i think. BJ pushed the action more... GSP for the most part just looked for the TD and then just hung on to survive. did you see how happy Hughes was when they announced the decision? Hughes wants NO MORE of Penn.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
MrMarcus said:
I was rooting for Penn. Even tho I dig GSP too.. this was a real tough one for me cuz BJ's been my favourite fighter for years and some of my friends have gone to hawaii and trained with him. This fight could have gone either way i think. BJ pushed the action more... GSP for the most part just looked for the TD and then just hung on to survive. did you see how happy Hughes was when they announced the decision? Hughes wants NO MORE of Penn.

think hughes wanted Penn more, i think he was happy cause they put on a good show......GSP was not hanging on to survive, besides the first round Penn's offense was seriously lacking in every way, but I have to say the flexiblility and balance this guy has is :eek: incredible and Penn knew he was losing on the cards thats why he went for the kill in the end he knew he would lose the decision and rightfully so if you ask me

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
MrMarcus said:
we watched 2 different fights...other than penn's flexability he did NOTHING in the last two rounds..I was pretty suprised on how GSP dominated him especially with his face messed up so early...without those two shots early, I think GSP would have beaten Penn alot worse...

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
GSP never DOMINATED BJ. he scored the takedown and layed and prayed. if anyon dominated the other, it woudlnt have been a "split decision". should have been a 5 rounder tho.

Last edited:

MrMarcus

TRIBE Member
StarvinMarvin said:
...GSP was not hanging on to survive, besides the first round Penn's offense was seriously lacking in every way, but I have to say the flexiblility and balance this guy has is :eek: incredible and Penn knew he was losing on the cards thats why he went for the kill in the end he knew he would lose the decision and rightfully so if you ask me
Penn's offense seemed lacking because GSP played it very very safe once he got the takedown. Penn has an incredible guard and GSP knows it. watch any of GSP's past fights and you will see how active he is on the ground. but he knows how good BJ's ground game is and if he tried to do anything he'll get caught. I'm not saying BJ should have won, but it was closer than you think.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Just watched GSP/Penn for the second time.

Penn did nothing in Rounds 2 and 3. GSP pressed the action both rounds. Constantly backing Penn up into the cage and taking him down. Took him down twice in each of 2 and 3 (including one being a slam). The "lack" of work on the ground when GSP got him there was not the case of not trying, it was more a testament to Penn's excellent defense in the guard preventing GSP from from attacking.

And even still after one of the takedowns, GSP stood back up, threw a few leg kicks at the downed Penn and dove back onto him with a punch. No fear in going back on the ground with Penn there.

Round 3 was a gassed Penn just looking at the clock while against the fence. Only thing he did was one real sub attempt at the end of the fight.

But what it comes down to is, in rounds 2 and 3 they were equal in hand striking. GSP out kicked Penn. GSP took him down 4 times (1 slam) in the last 2 rounds.

IMO after watching it a 2nd time, the fight was a lot LESS close based on rounds 2 and 3 than people think it was.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders