• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

UEFA Euro 2016

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Here we go! Go England!

860px-England_crest_2009.svg.png

Last edited:
Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Special K

TRIBE Member
I like their squad, especially the young kids from Spurs. Namely Alli & Kane!

I don't have a strong feeling on who will take it this year as I think all of the favourites have weaknesses. As such, I could see someone outside of the Big 3 (Spain, Germany or France) taking it. I hope that's the case anyways.

England is better off having Rooney on the bench and letting the kids play IMO.

Just like my team is better off having it's captain Srna make way for a younger, & at this stage of their careers a better Šime Vrsaljko (up and coming star)!

On paper I think we may potentially have our best squad in a long time, if not ever but ...

1) We have proven to be mental midgets the last few go around's
2) Defence is not the strongest, LB is a gaping hole
3) No true CDM, destroyer type of player
4) Our federation is run by gangsters & crooks including puppet Šuker who don't put the players in a position to win by a) hiring amateurs to coach us and b) caring more about who they can sell on the market vs putting the best squad together.

Reasons I like our chances to make some noise

1) World class midfield talent oozing in class, easily one of if not the best at the tournament
2) Good, serviceable attacking options
3) Decent gk

16-Croatie.png

Variant

TRIBE Member
If anyone is interested in joining a pool I'm running a Euro pool.

Deets:

$20 to enter (can enter twice)
$500 to first place
$200 to second place
$100 to third place

The pool is spreadsheet based. You pick the order of the teams in the group stage then subsequent winners in the knockout rounds. Points are earned through correctly picking the order of the teams in the group stage as well as correctly picking who advances. Points earned increases for each team successfully picked to advance in the latter stages. Game scores aren't required. It's super easy to use and doesn't take long to fill out.

If your interested hit me up and I'll send you the info+spreadsheet.

Special K

TRIBE Member
Re: the Belgians

Could def make a run. Loaded with talent, but missing fullbacks & strikers IMO. Lukaku is ok (not his biggest fan) and his backups aren't very inspiring.

They are also known for chronic in-fighting / bad chemistry like the Dutch so who knows.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya their younger fullbacks are actually pretty decent though, Jelle Van Damme I like a lot but certainly they're not "top tier" like your Baines or your Cole types.

If they dont make it I'll probably revert to the french from the sheer talent of their squad (even tho it coulda been better had they gone with Ben Arfa) - just their players have won me over individually in their leagues this year so I've come to grudgingly respect the French national team

praktik

TRIBE Member
I wish Mignolet would play. Rather than Courtois.

Looks like a dangerous side,

They're gonna be super tough defensively and their midfield can score goals so I think they'll put up a good fight!

And deep on great GKs with you on mignolet but they have a few great ones to choose from and some can only manage one

Variant

TRIBE Member
Belgium lack leadership. They have alot of individual skill but teams that try to get by on that alone, as opposed to smart team play, can be out-coached and beaten by lesser teams. They are the favourite in their group but I wouldn't be surprised if both Italy and Sweden beat them.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya you're probably right - I'm just rooting for them as a bit of an underdog, having no real affinity to any nationality (maybe an antipathy towards Italy?? lol!)

We gonna get much Copa America stuff televised here you think? Might have to get downloading a lot of games...

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Can't wait to see England hype their way to the usual Quarters fuck up.

Except for Spain, and Germany. France might make a run.

I do not want to see Ronaldo rip his shirt off. k thx.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Northern Ireland is in it! Super happy, but without George Best, they're going to get annihilated.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
England Tomorrow! OH shit don't fucking put Sterling on.

Sturridge Is a better option, with Kane. But the old timer Rooney needs to sit. He's useless.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
No one fucking listens to me. Rooney a useless piece if shit. Why isn't Sturridge on?

Sterling is fucking useless.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Get Kane, and Sturridge. How many god damn goals they gave up by being useless today ,No finishers.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
When you're in the 91's minute you sit on the ball, park the bus, and kick that fucking shit out. compete rec league performance crossing it in front of the net. ARGH

AHHHHH!!! Just get that ball out! Is this Kindegarden?!!!!