• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Udder Chaos

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Warning issued for cow missing from farm in Orange | WTNH.com Connecticut

Warning issued for missing cow
Jul 15, 2011 6:48 a.m.

Animal Control officials say a cow missing in near the Orange-West Haven city line could be a bit dangerous.

Animal Control Officer Rick George tells the New Haven Register that the 400-pound animal, which fled from a farm on Prindle Hill Road, is a "runner and a jumper" and could cause problems if it is approached.

He notes that a cow can jump up to 7 feet in the air.

He also worries the cow could run into a congested area of the city if approached.

The cow was last seen Tuesday night near Gulf Pond.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
I just read on Wiki that the world record for men's high jump is 7ft 11.5 in ... so cows could be olympians if only they could learn the Fosbury Flop.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I would kill to see a cow jump 7ft.

On my recent trip to south africa I was driving down the N2 highway and I saw a cow running really fast along the other side of the guardrail a distance ahead. I just knew the sucker was a little nuts as I had never seen a cow run that fast before. I suspected it might jump the rail and get onto the highway so I braked. Sure enough, the cow cleared the guardrail, with a sideways jump while running and the car in front of me nearly hit it head on. That jump must have been 5 feet at least.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
I can attest to this story. I spent my first three working years on a farm and I had a cow hop the fence on me and take off down the road. The fence was just under 6ft. I had to bolt down the road in my coveralls and rubber boots and try to use a ski poll to force the cow back into another field.

The whole time I was running (roughly 200m) the other cows were trying to follow suit. Thankfully I got it back inside the fence before another jumped.