1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

U.S. Government gets in on conspiracy action

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by WestsideWax, May 22, 2010.

1. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

Regardless of which side of the fence you sit on, there's something unsettling about a U.S. gov't sanctioned (and U.S. taxpayer funded) site devoted to debunking conspiracy theories:

Conspiracy Theories and Misinformation - America.gov

[​IMG]

Ministry of Information!

2. rulz

rulz TRIBE Member

yup and they have a full office that creates diversion content relevant to some google key words

3. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

What is "unsettling" about it?

4. maphi

maphi TRIBE Member

It's about as unsettling as OJ vowing to find the "real murderers".

5. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

doesn't matter. soon north korea's gunna send the nukes flying and we'll have a good ole dust up on our hands.

at the rate this shit's going.

6. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Ya just not sure even why devotees of CT theories would find this unsettling - after all in their lore the government's "official story" is constantly deconstructed from easy to find sources.

The denials are on the record and already disseminated through official organs or by apologists. And now there's a site that collects a lot of them. So? Its a PR site to begin with..;)

Now, it would be strange to find even one individual who is a believer of all the stuff on that site. Click through the lot of them. Now the one about "economic hitmen" I may have some issues with but to be honest the more places that put up solid info about the silliness of 9/11 theories and the moon landing hoax the better!

7. maphi

maphi TRIBE Member

It isn't unsettling as much as it's absolutely fucking hilarious! "There's nothing to see here, go back to sleep, America".

8. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

Yes, the immense scope of this undertaking is truly breathtaking. It would take hours to sift through all the information on this extremely professional, content-rich government web site. Clearly we are entering a new phase of the war on truth.

9. maphi

maphi TRIBE Member

I'm always amazed that such an intelligent individual such as yourself can actually buy into this bullshit. You obviously didn't look at the site, as there are very few links and even less credible information here. This quote from the 'Economic' portion of the site is a good laugh:

"Economic conspiracy theories are often based on the false, but popular, idea that powerful individuals are motivated overwhelmingly by their desire for wealth, rather than the wide variety of human motivations we all experience. (This one-dimensional, cartoonish view of human nature is at the heart of Marxist ideology, which once held hundreds of millions under its sway.)"

Oh yeah. Powerful people sure do have everyone's best interests at heart! Thank you federal reserve, wall street bankers, BP Oil officials, arms manufacturers for thinking of all of us! :rolleyes:

10. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

Smarmy dismissiveness is the new black.

11. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

What I was hoping to see in the Economics section were "central bank" conspiracy theories, which are one of the richest veins in American conspiracy lore, going right back to the founding of the country and the Jefferson/Hamilton split, playing out over the 19th century in Andrew Jackson's "Bank Wars" and into the present day with fear over the Federal Reserve.

Also missing was the "tax protest movement" which should have been included.

The preposterous "NAU" was a good inclusion though.

I'll agree that paragraph in that section is pretty weak, but it's underlying point is still valid: often the villains in CT lore are perfectly evil and avaristic and rarely do they flesh out the motivations of these individuals who have often found ways to think of their actions and decisions as not just good for themselves, but good for everyone.

And its this central problem I think that is behind most evil in this world.

12. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

What do you guys think about the links about Obama's birth certificate?

13. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

14. maphi

maphi TRIBE Member

Of course they're not going to attempt to debunk the REAL conspiracies! They're not going to call bullshit on the tax protest movement because they KNOW that collecting income tax is not legal, and they're not going to call out the "central bank" and federal reserve because that is the real cause of all of the economic manipulation/problems that the US sees themselves in at this moment.

Classic Ministry of Information tactics here, and only complete morons would buy into this shit. Yes, I said it.

15. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Well it took long enough but I'm glad to hear you don't think 9/11 was a real conspiracy anymore..;)

16. maphi

maphi TRIBE Member

Ummmm..... yeah, about that....

It's not even worth mentioning in relation to this site, which basically says, "despite all of the evidence to the contrary, rest assured, there was no conspiracy! We say so, so you should believe it. Now watch these dancing hula girls!"

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  17. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

Who said I buy into it? That was precisely my point: there isn't a lot of information there. It isn't threatening that the government would put up such a page... and in any event it only looks to be about a day's work by some government lackey, not a coordinated effort by the world's primary superpower.

18. maphi

maphi TRIBE Member

I missed your sarcasm in your first post. Sorry about that! Carry on. :)

19. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

How is that even possible? I laid it on about as thick as it gets :D

20. atbell

atbell TRIBE Member

NK can barely hit Japan. The nukes they have aren't a real problem per se, it's the artilery stationed north of Seol that is the brewing disaster.

US war games estimate, conservatively, that if they were to strike NK pre-emptively there would be upwards of 500,000 people dead in Seol in the first 24 hours.

21. atbell

atbell TRIBE Member

Have you been to the American Society of Civil Engineers web site, there is no other that you should be consulting if you are looking for a conspiracy in 9/11. They have a number of papers on the topic and it is the ONLY way to beging going about this issue.

If there is a conspiracy it would be clear that numbers had been fudged in these calcualations.

If the documents are too technical, pay someone to go over them.