• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

twyn rivers

quantumize

TRIBE Member
has anyone been to this death-trap hill?

i went yesterday at like 10:30ish and we tabogganed til about 12

it was amazing the best toboganning hill i have ever found

it is right on the scarb. pickering border

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglegirl
oooooooooh I so want to go - I love tobogganing - the best is on inflatable air mattressessssssss -
this isn't just toboganning

you have to cross an iced over river, and the ice is thin. i could hear the water flowing beneath me and there were huge holes in the ice

then the hill itself is HUGE

in an hour we only made 2 passes

and my buddy dave bruised 2 ribs

it was an AMAZING TIME

it's near morningside and sheppard

stryker

TRIBE Member
that is the greatest hill in TO. I've almost killed myself soo many times there that I can't count 'em all.
If your lucky sometimes you'll hit a hidden ramp at the bottom and get sent through the air and narrowly miss hitting someone with you GT skis.

Stew

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stryker
that is the greatest hill in TO. I've almost killed myself soo many times there that I can't count 'em all.
If your lucky sometimes you'll hit a hidden ramp at the bottom and get sent through the air and narrowly miss hitting someone with you GT skis.

Stew
YOU BROUGHT A GT SNOWRACER UP THAT HILL !!!

dude your a champion

i tried but i wasn't gonna lug that think up that hill.

what someone nees to do is rig up a rope to pull up sleds and stuff

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

stryker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by quantumize
YOU BROUGHT A GT SNOWRACER UP THAT HILL !!!

dude your a champion

i tried but i wasn't gonna lug that think up that hill.

what someone nees to do is rig up a rope to pull up sleds and stuff
Yeah, in high school we used to skip the day and bring a coller of beer and some spliffs and leave it at the top and spend the whole day going up and down that thing. If you wax your GT skis you can get crazy ass speed.
It used to be easier cuz there wuz a bridge that crossed the river but too many kids were breaking themselvs and the man took it down.

Stew

patri©k

TRIBE Member
lol.

twyn rivers.

so many drunken nights going down that hill on a fucking tube... bouncing 30 feet in the air to land on yer kidneys.

LOLOLOL. My buddy Mike got launched into the river. ahahaha.

next time you plan on going... fire me a PM. I'd reach too.

it's only 5 minutes from my house.

RatP

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by patri©k
lol.

twyn rivers.

LOLOLOL. My buddy Mike got launched into the river. ahahaha.

RatP
he landed int he river

dude he caught some serious air

and we should have a big tobaganning day

i say thursday night

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by quantumize
he landed int he river

dude he caught some serious air

and we should have a big tobaganning day

i say thursday night
thursday night sounds GREAT!

:)

RatP

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
haha, 'snake hill'.

believe it or not, they used to have a chairlift on that hill, i think they got rid of it in the early 80's because of close proximity to the river.

i've gt'd, tubed, and ridden my old bike down that hill and hurt myself almost every single time.

it's awesome.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Spinsah
haha, 'snake hill'.

believe it or not, they used to have a chairlift on that hill, i think they got rid of it in the early 80's because of close proximity to the river.

i've gt'd, tubed, and ridden my old bike down that hill and hurt myself almost every single time.

it's awesome.

do you remember the Glenn Eagle's motel ? I remember riding my bike to Adams Park for a baseball practice.. and as I got to Meadowvale.. there was pure smoke in the air. The hotel was on fire and I stopped to watch the firemen do their thing. It was on the edge of that super steep cliff... which is now a parking lot adjacent to the church.

RatP

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Spinsah
oh totally man.

i watched it smolder too, rode my bike in from pickering.

it was apparently 'biker' owned and operated. There were also numerous fires, fights and other disturbances happening there regularly.

*sigh* How the area has changed.

RatP

stryker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by patri©k
it was apparently 'biker' owned and operated. There were also numerous fires, fights and other disturbances happening there regularly.

*sigh* How the area has changed.

RatP
Shit! I forgot all about the Glen Eagles Motel. God that place was a total dive. I never had the chance to go in, but i've rode my bike around it a couple of times before it burnt.

If everyone's gonna hit up twyn rivers in thursday i'll definitely try to make it. It's been a looong time since i've gone there.

Stew

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
My dad lives right by that sucker....

you should try riding a bike down that bad boy.

That hill is the shit.

Ladies PM me
haha

quantumize

TRIBE Member
work/class just got cancelled so i got a snow day

i would go to twyn rivers but the roads are too bad

but if you live near twyn rivers you have a duty to go drunken toboganning tonight