1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Two Days in Winnipeg

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by dig this, Mar 22, 2010.

1. dig this

dig this TRIBE Member

I'll be in Winnipeg all day Thursday and Friday this week before moving on to Kenora for a week. Can anyone recommend things to do/places to see? Looking for more day-centric activities, although a few tips for bars/restaurants would be appreciated as well.

thanks!

2. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Make sure to check out what will be Winnipeg's claim to fame, "the world's longest skating rink" - I think Ottawa still holds the title but they're doing some pretty cool shit on the red river and should overtake the Rideau Canal soon...

[​IMG]

Anyway, was good times when I was there a few weeks ago and I didnt even skate on it! They got cool warm-up huts done by different artists along the length of it...

3. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

portage & main, fifteen below !

4. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

Talk to your hotel concierge. They are trained in the art of fanciness and pleasure.

5. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

Skinners for a hot dog--thats all I remember about winnepeg, and gross icky fish flies.

6. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

I'm thinkin of passin through (and maybe stopping) in Winnepeg on my road trip...

So is this all there is??

Hot dog and a ice skating river

I will be there when the ice has melted.

ANY clubs/afterhours worth checkin?

7. Beings

Beings TRIBE Member

I hear they have bombass methamphetamine, you could check that out..

8. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

my hotel room was about the only exciting place during my stays in winnipeg :) ... although i didn't have a car so maybe that was half the problem...you can always walk their indoor mall that runs below Portage & Main...

9. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

there's nothing to do there. sorry. i haven't lived there in 10 years, but i doubt much has changed!

if it were the summer there might be more stuff going on (fringe festival etc)...there is the forks, but it's super touristy and kinda lame, to be honest. i think the exchange district might have some vaguely interesting places to go. i recall it supposedly being "up and coming" after i left.

10. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

well you can walk around little italy on corydon and around confusion corner... played a good round of foosball round those parts once..;)

11. dig this

dig this TRIBE Member

staying with someone who doesn't know much about the town...

my plan was to try and just walk around the town a bit, just wanted to see if I should plan anything else. I'll try and at least get a hot dog.

12. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

13. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

No thanks, Mr. 1997.

Besides, I'm sure BC will have better meth anyways. I will wait.

14. DeepSix

DeepSix TRIBE Promoter

It's 50 below. 15 below ain't nothing!

Yeah, the 'Peg is kind of an all-around hole. Of course, I'm only really familiar with the seedy underground rave scene of years past.