• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Two crew injured after flight from Ottawa almost hit a drone near Billy Bishop airport in Toronto.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
This is story still developing.. Drones are sucking so much now.

TSB investigating...

Stop Bill C-10

praktik

TRIBE Member
drones_t810.jpg

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Transportation Safety Board investigating 'risk of mid-air collision' east of Toronto
2 Porter Airlines crew members injured after evasive action taken near possible drone

CBC News Posted: Nov 14, 2016 2:06 PM ET Last Updated: Nov 14, 2016 4:18 PM ET

A Porter airlines flight heading for Toronto nearly collided with a flying object that may have been a drone on Monday morning, the Transportation Safety Board says. (Bruce Reeve/CBC)

The TSB says an incident with a "risk of mid-air collision" happened before 7:30 a.m. ET and involved flight POE204 travelling from Ottawa to Toronto's downtown Billy Bishop Airport.

In a statement issued Monday afternoon, Porter said the event happened over Lake Ontario near Pickering, Ont., as the plane approached the airport from the east while flying at a height of about 9,000 feet. The statement said pilots noticed an object in the distance, which they originally thought was a balloon.

billy-bishop-plane-turboprop-airport.jpg

Two flight attendants suffered minor injuries during the incident, but no passengers were hurt. (David Donnelly/CBC)

"As they approached the object, they realized it was very close to their flight path and decided to take appropriate evasive action," reads Porter's statement. "There was no contact between the aircraft and object."

"After debriefing, there is potential that the object was a drone," the statement says.

Porter says two flight attendants sustained minor injuries. They were taken to hospital and released. There were no reported injuries to the 54 passengers on board.

The airline says it's working with the Transportation Safety Board's investigation.

"It's imperative that we keep our skies safe and secure," Young told reporters on Parliament Hill.

"Drones can be dangerous if they get too close to aircraft."

Young said the government is working as quickly as it can to pass new legislation governing how drones can be used, especially as more Canadians begin flying them. Some potential changes, according to Transportation Safety Board documents obtained by CBC News, include requiring drone owners to register their devices, pass a knowledge test and pay for liability insurance.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I didn't think consumer drones could fly that high. So this really could be something military or the more likely possibility: ALIENS!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
I didn't think consumer drones could fly that high. So this really could be something military or the more likely possibility: ALIENS!

Drones max ceiling height is electronically limited.

They range in max ceiling heights ranging from 50 meters to 1000 meters 12 High Altitude Drone 2016 - How High Can A Drone Fly?

The DJI Mavic Pro claims a 5000m max ceiling height above sea level. - Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

Sooooo its not that consumer drones cant fly that high, they are just apparently limited to not be allowed.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Don't they also have a limited radio range? I thought I read somewhere that was like 2 miles as the intention is that the operator would always want to be within line of sight. And I may be wrong but I think drones either fall to the earth or automatically come back into radio range.

It just seems that 9,000 feet is no ordinary drone.

I stand by Aliens conclusion.

Or Iron Man.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Most radio ranges of the drones i was looking into purchasing were 4-7km as you can fly the drone via the camera on a mobile gimbal that is displayed on your phone/device that is paired with the drone/radio controller.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I'm just going to assume any comment you make that contradicts the conclusion that this is Aliens is because you are a shill for Big Drone.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
I'm just going to assume any comment you make that contradicts the conclusion that this is Aliens is because you are a shill for Big Drone.

More Drone Facts

• The first Armed Drones
The very first drones which were used for military purpose was to reach one of the feared terrorists of the time. The National Security Council of United States reached Mohammed Atef, a feared terrorist from Afghanistan by the armed drones and was killed by it. He was the military –in –chief in Afghanistan in November 2001 when he was brutally assassinated.

• First Country to build Drones
Israel was first to make these defensive aircraft’s. Now it is the most popular country to sell drones to all over the world especially to the two dozen countries. The Israel Aerospace Industries have become one of the largest exporters of goods recently.

• Number of deaths Occurred due to Drones
From 2004 till 2015 there has been a killing of 2500 to 3300 people alone in Pakistan. Of these people 478 were normal civilians and 176 children. These armed drones not only save the country from some fearful terrorists but along with him a number of civilians die needlessly. According to the Bureau Investigation Journalism, compared to the previous numbers of deaths, there has been a death of 3000 people approximately in the9\11 case.

• Drones serve Other Purposes
An NGO takes the pledge to save people’s lives in remote cities of Africa were lifesaving medicines take longer time to reach before the person expires. Thus drones are also used for greater purposes other than bombing. They reach these remote places before humans, and thus act as a life-saving machine.

• Drones as part of Police Department
Recently drones have started helping the police departments by helping them fight crimes. They are used for surveillance of certain corrupted areas and helping carrying out sting operations. Even the FBI has started using them. So the next time you don’t have a clue to solve a problem secretly, drones is the right choice!

• Drones with Flying Pizza!
Is it always necessary that any technological invention has to have a serious outcome only? Domino’s proved it wrong. Recently Domino’s have launched a video on You Tube of a drone delivering a pizza. The advantages of such a mechanism would be that It would be faster than manual delivery and hence the food more delicious.

• Survey of Crops in Fields
Drones can help farmers by giving them an aerial survey of the entire field. Previously the farmers had to walk past the entire field to survey over the land but now it can be a lot easier. From a single place the farmer can check the crops, their growing percentages or whether anywhere the crop is damaged.

• A part of Cricket World Cup
Drones have already been used in football and now it’s time for cricket too. It can give a great aerial coverage of the huge fields.

• Weddings
Drones can make a marriage ever memorable as every angle of the wedding is covered. So if you want to set up a dream wedding for yourself go for a Drone to get the over view of the wedding along with the side ones.

• Drones are creative
Drones help in creating good music and thus are attracting those who love it. It is not only helping those who are in the defense fields but also those who make this world a better place to live in i.e. by creating good music.

Drones will be in movies soon does it sound very astounding? It’s true. With varieties of help provided by these drones, they are becoming a part of human living. With the overhead view and great picture clarity it helps in a stage set up or for a huge set for a movie as it gives all the angles a proper sight. Thus film making can get easy with this technology and it becomes very alluring to the producers.

Thus the use of Drones is spreading like wild fire as each person wants to reduce human efforts and increase technical one as it saves time and labor simultaneously. Besides, the chance of mistakes gets reduced and excuses are not pleaded. On one hand it is the fighter on the borders, on the other it is the creative head in the stage program.

Its facilities are innumerable and the best part is, it is easily handled. If any part gets damaged the repairing also does not costs hundreds of rupees, neither it has to take to a faraway service station. It can be repaired manually at home by any individual by following the instructions on the internet site.

Drones are very useful in our everyday busy life and should be opted for. But care should also be taken so that it’s not misused because the more useful the mechanism, greater the chance of fraud and duplicity.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Drones cause Autism. I know because my uncles friends wifes kid was diagnosed with Autism the day after a drone flew overhead.

They're all controlled by:
a) George Soros
b) The Koch Brothers
c) The Illuminati

You just think you're controlling the drones. That's what they want you to think.

My eyes are open man. Y'all so asleep you been drinking NyQuill green death flavor.