• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Twitter question?

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Question for you experts:

If i want to get a twitter update about a NHL player, as the news breaks about him how do i do that?

I know about nhl twitter feeds like https://twitter.com/NHLTransactions

But if i only want to be updated about one player can i do that? So my phone beeps only when that certain name shows up. If so please enlighten me, as im a bit of a tard when it comes to the twitter thang.

thanks

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
bob mckenzie usually has news about important trades, etc, about high profile players...well before anyone else does.
Kipreos as well.

greginhali

TRIBE Member
So is there a way the if Mckenzie tweets about a certain player i can get the update?

or do i have to read all of his tweets? I guess im asking is there a filter?

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Hockey fantasy player here. Im trying to get a leg up on other managers by hearing about call ups before they do. Kinda nerdy, but twitter is where the news breaks. I dont want to read about volumes of crap, but if lets say Bob M. tweets about Brooks Laich and my twitter app can pick that up, it would be great. Im a complete noob at twitter so thats why im asking.

Any other ideas?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Well might be one way. Im more about just getting key information about certain players from certain twitter feeds. Maybe it is impossible, ill have to do some reading about it, or maybe other tribers will have a hot tip on how to set this up.

On a funny tip, i just logged on to twitter. The last time i was on it was in July of 2009 and i tweeted kevin frankish that i was hungover. WTF?

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Your best bet is follow insiders like Bobby McK, Dreger, etc. If you're a fantasy player wouldn't you want to know all transactions not just specific players? The Score mobile app breaks news really quickly but they won't give you the small transactions.

acheron

TRIBE Member
you could use one of the various twitter apps to track a certain term in a separate feed. Tweetdeck does this.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Speaking of Twitter questions, I saw Erika's name pop up on CBC's the National yesterday when they aired her question for the "At Issue" panel.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders