• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Twin Peaks (Spoilers)

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
So can we talk about this?

I'm loving it especially considering it wasn't what I expected it would be. And partly because in some ways I think he is trolling us hard some of the time.

The original Twin Peaks was Avant-Garde film-making packaged in an accessible format (murder-mystery small town drama). This completely sheds any pretense of accessibility except through connections to the original series and the pop-culture phenomenon that it was.

This is high-brow art-film stuff but also peppered with the hubris of someone who knows he can get away with so much at this point. I mean he basically put Fox Mulder in a dress and made "her" the head of the FBI. It contributes nothing to the story but was amazing.

I love how he's also incorporated Musical Guests for the credit scene of almost all the episodes. It's in congruent but then again what is in this show so it works.