• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

T'was the SATURDAY before Christmas...

vench

TRIBE Promoter
a relaxing day of mixing stuff down in preparation for tonight.

other than that, trying to convince the roomies to go to the market for food.

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
Woot! Still up from last night.... Ferrer rocked my world sideways. Finished wrapping presents and packing, gonna have a wee nap before heading to the folks in Belleville... hot tub under the stars here I come!

Finally getting into the Christmas spirit. It took me long enough!

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
My aunt just dropped off a car load of gifts, now our hallway is full and we can hardly navigate.

Our dining room and the spare bedroom is packed, and I still haven't begun putting together the big toys for my daughter yet. Oy vey.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Muad'ib said:
i am guessing you don't celebrate xmas then? seems odd to be home til around the 25 and then come back to TO.
Selly's Jewish.. :) He celebrates the Festival of Lights..

Got up later than expected.. Just did not want to get out of bed.. Walked pup. About to share in Poot's breakfast (Coffee, croissant and newspaper).

Need to find one more gift, but I know the greatest mall. Has everything and is never busy :D . Meet up with a friend at an old local and have a glass of wine. Then come home and wrap gifts.. Should do some cleaning, but it can wait until after the holiday.

Cri

TRIBE Member
I havea few last minite things to pick up!! boo. usually i am soo organized!

WHERE IS THE SNOW DAMMIT!

sarafina

TRIBE Member
I probably could continue shopping - the problem with *finishing* my shopping early is that I just keep on buying people more stuff until the last minute anyway. However, I am hungover and it is so yucky-grey outside I think I will lie around and read and watch movies all day :)

Poot

TRIBE Member
oh no!!

Is it nerves?

I hope you feel better (very very very) soon!!! And regardless, wooohooo you're getting married!!!

Good luck!!!!

:) :)

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I am going to OD on cabbage rolls, home-made sausages, cold meats, pickled salads, and sweets today.
I LOVE Romanian traditional Xmas food.

It still feels like someone is missing though. :(

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
NemIsis said:
Selly's Jewish.. :) He celebrates the Festival of Lights..

Got up later than expected.. Just did not want to get out of bed.. Walked pup. About to share in Poot's breakfast (Coffee, croissant and newspaper).

Need to find one more gift, but I know the greatest mall. Has everything and is never busy :D . Meet up with a friend at an old local and have a glass of wine. Then come home and wrap gifts.. Should do some cleaning, but it can wait until after the holiday.
where were you last night ms thing

dyad

TRIBE Member
was up and out the door for 9 to do all the necessary running around the city with last minute errands. pleased to have stayed on schedule with enough time to double and triple check everything. time to leave for my flight to kansas city, 2 hour stopover in chicago (ugh).

have a great week!

mcbee

TRIBE Member
peko said:
nice pink outfit mr. screaming really big.
seriously!
that's what i said..nice pink suit mr manly man:D

anyhoo, so far my saturday has been lovely. great sleep in, only mildly hungover from old school jungle business....had a great brunch, now i've been puttering around, cleaning, doing chores, wrapping presents etc. captain saskatchewan is coming for dinner and then off to a christmas party.

:)sarah

Tearer

TRIBE Member
Took my new car out for a test drive, had breakfast in the annex and checked out Tribe for the first time in a while!

Happy holidays people

Skipper

TRIBE Member
*puke* I am so tired, I can't sleep...if that's possible.

Up at 4am, leave at 5, then at 545 they tell us our 715 flight is delayed 2 hours...super. The airport was a really fun place to be this morning.

My mum has done an awesome job with the xmas decorating, the woodstove is on, the wine is out, their cat is being the awesome cat that he always is, my brother is being the punk kid @ christmas that he always is, mark is sleeping while I am awake, so I guess everything is as it usually is.

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
Muad'ib said:
i am guessing you don't celebrate xmas then? seems odd to be home til around the 25 and then come back to TO.
Yup! Muslims are my brothas from anotha motha--same father, though. :p

I wanted to be with my friends during their holiday times off.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
i woke up at like 11 to get ready for my manicure/pedicure appt at 12:30pm..
it was like 2 hours long.

Now i'm packing..as i'm going back to pickering for a few days.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
basketballjones said:
where were you last night ms thing
Sorry.. exhausted.. One of the busiest weeks for me at work. But, everything seemed to go off without a hitch.

Except, about 6 boxes of food earmarked for the food drive seemed to 'disappear'.. Most of it was kept in a locked room, but this stuff hadn't been put away yet. I just didn't have the time. I figure someone drove up and took it. Since they were next to a side entrance, it would have been pretty easy. :mad: Oh well, maybe they really needed it..:(

And have the puppy.. Since I don't get him all that often, I really like to spend premium time with him when I do :)

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
omg I am getting so excited for new years!!!!! me and the lady are going to party like it's 2005!!!!!!

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
dvs said:
i am going to the mall to start my christmas shopping adventure. pray for me.

d
No prayers could save you from the hell you're in right now. May the retail gods bless you and keep you safe from shopping harm. ;)