• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

tv shows that you're forced to watch alone

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
so i have pretty different taste in television than my roommate and boyfriend, so i usually have to either compromise what i want to watch or choose to watch by myself.
i find that i love the opportunity to veg out solo on a sunday afternoon and pick and choose exactly what it is that i want to watch.
yesterday i realized that there are a ton of shows that i'm forced to watch solo cuz no one else wants to see them.

heres some examples:
Skin Deep and Life's Little Miracles (both of these shows seriously disturb my roomie and boyfriend, but i love them)
Crisis Zone (this show fucking rocks. its about Doctors Without Borders and it follows 3 different doctors around each episode to get a look at the kind of work they do. obviously they encounter some nasty, painful stuff so the roomie and boyfriend don't like it)
Ed and Judging Amy(i blame my mother for getting me hooked on these lame shows that i now love)
Jim Rose Twisted Tour and anything about body modification (once again, this stuff totally grosses them out, but i think its super cool)
Frontiers of Construction (they think its really boring but i find it totally fascinating)
The West Wing (this is partially because i won't let anyone speak a single peep during any moments of dialogue, so its not exactly fun to watch West Wing in my company)

so now that i've admitted that i'm a loser who stays home on sunday and watches the Life Network...
what are some shows that no one will watch with you but you still totally dig?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Preroller

TRIBE Member
I absolutely love Frontiers of Construction. I watch a lot of the discovery channel, really. Ultimate Top Ten is another good one.

Adam

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
Frontiers of Construction (they think its really boring but i find it totally fascinating)

Someone finds this boring? unpossible.

This is one of the best shows on TV. My personal favourite episodes were the island airport that was built off of Japan, and the giant sand-sail hotel thing in Dubai. Fucking unbelievable.

I'd invite you over to watch it, but you make me uncomfortable.

AVE

TRIBE Member
Adam, i love your location :)

The-Big-Lebowski-2.jpg

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: tv shows that you're forced to watch alone

Originally posted by Adam

I'd invite you over to watch it, but you make me uncomfortable.

hahahahahahahaha

there was a FOC episode this weekend about water park innovations that was so cool. this one dude basically designed a water park so that you never really have to get out of the water in order to go to the next ride.
he built a river that you ride through on innertubes throughout the park. he calls it transportainment! and there was some seriously complicated engineering involved. v cool stuff.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
I absolutely love celebrity gossip. I know its trash, shallow blah blah blah... but i love watching anything and everything celebrity. My boyfriend will sometimes sit through it but most of the time i'm forced to watch it by myself.... so my shows are

Dateline
20/20
Entertainment tonight
Extra
The View ...lol@myself
The osbournes

squirrely

TRIBE Member
Dr Phil
7th Heaven

it's a problem. i know.

oh, and until i met my current boyfriend, i thought i was doomed to a life of solo "World's Funniest Animals" watching, but thankfully he shares my love for cats in bags and dogs who can do backflips.

i chuckle just thinking about it.

dogs who can do backflips....hahahhahha......*happy sigh*

IgStar

TRIBE Member
any A & E show (he doesn't get how I can watch this murder & mayhem & then go to bed)
Entertainment Tonight
Y & R (of course!)
Cornonation Street

squirrely

TRIBE Member
i almost forgot "Perfect Proposal." i cry every time, and so does the boy, which is why i watch it alone: to spare him the emotional turmoil.

(p.s. please don't tell him that i just posted that on a public message board. thank you in advance.)

echo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: tv shows that you're forced to watch alone

Originally posted by Booty Bits
hahahahahahahaha

there was a FOC episode this weekend about water park innovations that was so cool. this one dude basically designed a water park so that you never really have to get out of the water in order to go to the next ride.
he built a river that you ride through on innertubes throughout the park. he calls it transportainment! and there was some seriously complicated engineering involved. v cool stuff.

ooooo I saw that one!! It was VERY cool indeed. I was itching to take a trip there to try it out :D Hmmmm....where was it again?

As for the shows I am forced to watch alone, well there is really only one:

Little House on the Prairie

I actually have the first 3 seasons on DVD (yes I am willing to admit this). Oh how I love this show. I think it's cause my mom and I used to watch it together when I was a kid. The two of us would cry and cry - haha.

And Liz....I'll watch all the cool doctor/surgery/gory shows with ya. I love watching that stuff :)

sk8

TRIBE Member
hmmm.... by myself...

Trading Spaces
While you Were Out
Clean Sweep
pretty much all the TLC shows he won't watch except the reveal part at the end...
some food network stuff (he'll watch "cool" ones like jamie oliver and cooks tour)
Gilmore Girls (the only "girlie-drama" show i watch)
ER

luckily my favourite shows we both like:
Law and Order - all versions
Cold Case
Hockey
CSI

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by AVE
Adam, i love your location :)

OVER THE LINE!!! Your toe was over the line. Donny make him down for a zero.

I live alone so all the TV I watch is by myself but if I was to have company I'm sure they'd have a hard time understanding why I watch Is Harry on the Boat because, quite frankly, I don't understand why I watch it.

fightingskurvy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Indian Girl
any A & E show (he doesn't get how I can watch this murder & mayhem & then go to bed)

I watch these alone too. city confidential and american justice. None of my friends or family watch these shows.

squirrely

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janiecakes
haha!

What for?!

I often find myself watching 'Dogs with Jobs' alone.

do you watch "World's Funniest Animals" as well? because we might just be tv soulmates.

sweet_e

TRIBE Member
the oc
gilmore girls

i cant help it. i need mindless drama to relax. but my roommate only hears whiney girls its drives him mad when i watch these.