• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tunes of the Moment

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
as opposed to a full on chart thread that usually dies after a week or 2, I figure we should at least have a thread to discuss some of the current releases out there that we can keep adding on to.

so use this thread to post what you've been buying or playing or just downright diggin' lately.
some of my faves of the moment:

NineLives The Cat - Bouncin' Off The Walls [Tom Real VS Rogue Element Remix] (West)
^^funky ass original, but the Tom Real VS Rogue Element Remix is bananas!

Moston & Malente - the 2 and Only (Splank!)
^^one of my favourite funky producers on one of my favourite labels. its win win! the Nick Thayer remix on the flip also works quite well too!

Bombs EP #1 + 2 (white)
^^6 of the FK1000 hip hop and reggae boots released, awesome downtempo party jam styled mixes of Under Me Sensi, My Definition, the Specials, J5, etc.

and one other tune I need to mention is the Rogue Element bootleg of King of Rock by RUN DMC. I can not get enough of this floor filler, except having to hear all the major players hammer it with very little potential of it seeing wax pressing does make me a little sad. its tunes like this Id even buy on mp3 just to have as part of my choon arsenal.

what's everyone else pickin' up, or lookin' forward to gettin' ahold of?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
jds - 9 ways 2006 / the spice - punk / funk
dj waks - listen - west
groove alligence - good day for shirkin - circuit breaker remix - splank
phil barry - make a move - streetwise

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
The new Splank! with Malante is dippity dope. That label is one of the few I can still consistently get into in breakbeat. I really wanna get my hands on that new Stereo 8 tune.

Other tracks I'm feeling at the moment.

Seelenluft - I Can See Clearly Now (Tiga)
Linus Love - Stand Back (Young Punx)
Yusek - Sorry
Chopstick and Eyer's new one on Great Stuff
Mousse T - Horny (So Phat!)
Urban Delight - Rock n' Roll Star (Criminal)
2020 Soundesystem - No Order
Tocadisco - Nobody Likes the Records that I play
Romboy and Sunshine - Body Jack (Delicious)

And a whole stack of Baile Funk and Electro I won't get into...

:)

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
new stereo 8 one is great....never come back is basically trance and it rocks, stamina is filler tho

that malente one on splank im really not that into actually - quite odd as up till now we've been totally in sync taste wise....its just the pitched down vocal, if it wernt for that id love it

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Mattel

TRIBE Member
My recent picks: (no order)
Breaks:
Dreadzone - Lion Shirt Functional Breaks
Busta Rhymes and Chaka Khan Touch It (RMX) / I Feel For You Hot Cakes
Ed Solo and Skool of Thought When I Was A Yout / Hot & Heavy Supercharged

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
when i was a yout frustrates me SOOOOooooo much - i really like it but it just doenst DO enough for me. That dreadzone tune is hilarious tho :)

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
When I Was A Yout is a fantastic tune. was topping my charts last month, my only complain is the original pressings (the one sided white labels) are a bitch to cue as they are a little warped (my copy was, as well as numerous others I read online had the same issue).
but I guess now that its received a full release I technically could just buy it again and stop bitching.

I also wanted to quickly mention the new Steelzawheels tune "Discotron" on Money Shot Recordings, which also has a wikkid remix by the Drumattic Twins. can't wait til that one shows up in my mailbox.

Doran

TRIBE Member
rebelsketchy - good to you, a side is pretty rockin too, but 'good to you' just kills

not really breaks, but dexter's remix of vandal ft odissi - obey on lot49 is a monster, killer vox and synths that take your head for a trip

bassnectar - simultaneous - nice (long.. 9mins) moody roller w/ Mumia Abu Jamal (of Blank Panthers) sample.. beautiful track.

Mattel

TRIBE Member
[- FuNKtiOn -] said:
When I Was A Yout is a fantastic tune. was topping my charts last month, my only complain is the original pressings (the one sided white labels) are a bitch to cue as they are a little warped (my copy was, as well as numerous others I read online had the same issue).
but I guess now that its received a full release I technically could just buy it again and stop bitching.

I also wanted to quickly mention the new Steelzawheels tune "Discotron" on Money Shot Recordings, which also has a wikkid remix by the Drumattic Twins. can't wait til that one shows up in my mailbox.

my yout is a 1 sided as well, it plays alright but seems very delicate.

What happened to the UKG forum?

I was going to post my dubstep grime favs but i didnt think anyone would be interested. Anyone here following that scene?

Myagi, i wish i would be around this weekend to see you in Ottawa. I opened for you last summer at the apothecary, i was playing the ukg speed garage. I hope you have a great time in the city this weekend!

Last edited:

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
ahhh word - yeah, im lookin forward to ottawa, thats going to be really fun for sure!

as for when i was a yout, im just not into it.....bassline feels really dated, i think the only thing i like is the sample actually. supercharged have some really good stuff coming out but im just not into that one. i think its getting a full release soon if it hasnt already....theres some really great shit after that though for sure.

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
i can't get enough of the new all good funk alliance stuff. superjam is a MONSTER.

i hear snippets of geek ghastly - rage vs public enemy (forget exactly what it was called) but that was pretty sick too.

the fk5 remix of imagine really does it for me as well.

have fun in ottawa

peace!

d

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
DaPhatConductor said:
i can't get enough of the new all good funk alliance stuff. superjam is a MONSTER.

i hear snippets of geek ghastly - rage vs public enemy (forget exactly what it was called) but that was pretty sick too.

the fk5 remix of imagine really does it for me as well.

have fun in ottawa

peace!

d

yeah ive done an edit of the geek ghastly one, its killing it for me right now

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
Killing In The Terrordome is a smokin' great tune for the peak hours.
dropped straight into the Rage part as an intro tune at around 4am after 6 hours of techno, and the places energy was picked up like crazy.
talk about a head turning track.

The Electrician

TRIBE Promoter
Meat Katie Ft Katherine Ellis (Electro Mix) - Round and Round
Krafty Kuts And Tim Deluxe - Bass Phenomenon
Plump Djs - Electric Disco (D Ramirez_Remix)

These are my top three right now...

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
it depresses me to say that after a three week long hiatus from buying records, i just scanned the entire streetwise catalogue for the past month, only to find that it's loaded with shit.

i found a grand total two records that i liked. woofrickinhoo.

the ebb & flow of the breaks world can be rather frustrating at times.

Taro

TRIBE Member
The Electrician said:
Meat Katie Ft Katherine Ellis (Electro Mix) - Round and Round

Plump Djs - Electric Disco (D Ramirez_Remix)

These are my top three right now...

I like em too.

I do kinda wish that ramirez mix was a little phatter - he's got so much skill as a producer and electric disco is such a classic tune. still top notch though..

Taro

TRIBE Member
other great tunes right now....

Fatboy Slim - everybody needs a 303 (plump dj's remix) -some serious action here. Of course the breakdown leaves my jaw dropping -

Klaus and Dopamine - Ah baby - forthcoming and I really like this tune

there's some good 30Hz stuff that I"ve heard recently - a great change from his previous style IMHO.

Kid Blue - Lot49 - great tune here (have no idea what's it called)

Chris Lake - Release -

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
Taro said:
Fatboy Slim - everybody needs a 303 (plump dj's remix)
a little heavy on the acid for my liking, but still a neat direction to take the tune.
although Im confused because there is supposed to be a Krafty Kuts remix of Fatboy's "Champion Sound" off the remix album, but I dont think it made the cut.
although the Mike D and Adrock remix of Praise You is super cool so I might still end up buying the 12".

Taro

TRIBE Member
yeah it's totally heavy on the acid - but hey, the tune is called 'everybody needs a 303' after all ;)

thanks for the link, didn't know it was out - just keep hearing the majors cane it.

and I really like the plumps 'acid' bit when they do it - like Acid Hussle - really old school kinda flavour. They're actually one of the few acts that I think knows how to do acid proper -

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
One of my favourite acid breaks tune of the past year or so was Session Deluxe (1 I believe). I think it was Eyerer and I KNOW it was the mad note.

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
finally heard 'when i was a yout' and i have to say i agree with andrew on this one. what a waste of plastic. yuk!

anyone catch the SOTEG techno remix of Boasin by Deadman DJ? i really dig that one. and Spiral Transform by Raster is really doing it for me too. yummy yum yum.

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
DaPhatConductor said:
finally heard 'when i was a yout' and i have to say i agree with andrew on this one. what a waste of plastic. yuk!

its the sample thats good, thats it imo. bass and everything else is totally standard generica. normally LOVE S.O.T's productions but this ones not for me.