• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

TTC fares going up to 2.75

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
for the amount you save with even just a weekly pass and a monthly pass, it just feels like they are trying to move everyone to that method, and people who refuse to get screwed over by 2.75 a go

[jai]

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

dyad

TRIBE Member
glych t.anomaly said:
for the amount you save with even just a weekly pass and a monthly pass, it just feels like they are trying to move everyone to that method, and people who refuse to get screwed over by 2.75 a go

[jai]
hehe until they print too few passes because they didnt realise there would be the demand :D

grounded4life

TRIBE Member
well i think it'll be time to start buying a metro pass. This sucks. But when it's your on;y means of transportation you really have no other choice.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jennika

TRIBE Member
glych t.anomaly said:

[jai]
which is odd considering how much supposid counterfit ticket fraud there is... you'd think they'd encourage people to be paying cash

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
Isn't the TTC's operating budget almost entirely from fares? I believe we have one of the poorest funded transit systems in North America.

The TTC has been pissing me off lately. All buses are crazy packed, and the new buses are the worst design ever with those stupid stairs at the back and no standing room at all. There is some delay on the subway basically every morning and the trains are full of people with no common sense.

If the fare keeps rising without improvements, I bet a lot of people are going back to cars to get around TO.

The metropass in Montreal is like $50 compared to double that in TO.

Kristof

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
TrIbAlNuT said:
Isn't the TTC's operating budget almost entirely from fares? I believe we have one of the poorest funded transit systems in North America.
I believe that's correct.

The metropass in Montreal is like $50 compared to double that in TO.
They also pay a lot more taxes in Quebec.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Jennika said:
which is odd considering how much supposid counterfit ticket fraud there is... you'd think they'd encourage people to be paying cash

the people get caught with fraudulent tickets, actually get charged and not just fined, afaik

[jai]

billy

TRIBE Member
instead of passes you can always just buy bulk tickets. the price for 10 is only going up a buck to $21 and you get 10 for the price of 8.

HouseHeadSacha

TRIBE Member
TrIbAlNuT said:
which is why....

TrIbAlNuT said:
All buses are crazy packed...There is some delay on the subway basically every morning and the trains are full of people ...

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
TrIbAlNuT said:
Isn't the TTC's operating budget almost entirely from fares?
The operating budget is funded by a combination of fares and municipal property tax revenues. The capital budget is funded about half by provincial and federal subsidies, and half by borrowing.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
AdRiaN said:
The operating budget is funded by a combination of fares and municipal property tax revenues. The capital budget is funded about half by provincial and federal subsidies, and half by borrowing.
Half by borrowing? Won't that really catch up with us down the line?