1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

TTC and riding my Bike - Hours

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Zorro, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

I want to take my bike way north on University subway line early in the morning
    I want to ride my bike all the way home at the end of the day.

How strict are they on the 6:30 am rule?
    Can I push this to more of a 6:45-7:00 am?

2. erika

erika TRIBE Member

I think it depends on the station/conductor. I wouldn't go as far as 7, but if you get in before you might be able to.

3. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

What about a parallel bus line? Instead of cramming onto a subway, you could load up your bike in the rack (all of the buses have them now) and the traffic will be light at that time in the morning so you'll still get there fast by bus. Then it's a sweet downhill shot all the way home :)

4. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

bathurst bus has the rack on most northbound buses! and goes all the way to Steeles.
    I doubt the ticket guy will let you bring the bike on at 7 as I sometimes ride downtown on subway at this time and it is usually standing room only.

5. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

Going south is a lot different then going north on University.

Anyhow had no problem getting on at 6:45.