• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Trying to locate friends from school

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
Have any of you ever used those websites dedicated to reuniting school friends?
Just curious if there is a really good easy way to try to get in touch with certain people you got along with pretty well but just lost touch over the years.

Any suggestions?

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
classmates.com is the only one I know of and it gives you options for years you attended highschool and with all the info you give it comes back with class lists of people who have also registered to the site. From there you can search through and try to find certain people and it gives you links to email them.

bushka

TRIBE Member
I once went onto classmates.com out of curiosity, before you had to pay a membership fee, and there were quite a few people on there who I graduated with. Nobody I really wanted to talk to though. It's worth a try.

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
you can still register for free, but to activate certain functions you have to pay membership

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
Yeah I tried classmates and I've found a few people I wouldn't mind talking to, but its that damn membership fee which I don't want to pay.

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
SneakyPete said:
classmate.com is the biggest spammer out there. If you're going to sign up use an email you're not going to use.

I did its one I hardly use. Its my email designed for signing up with shit

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Syntax Error said:
i can't think of anybody from high school that i would still want to talk to. so i have nothing to offer.
bingo!

Good thing I used my junk email address too...too much spam

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

bushka

TRIBE Member
SneakyPete said:
classmate.com is the biggest spammer out there. If you're going to sign up use an email you're not going to use.
Actually, if I remember correctly, you can use a completely made up email and it accepts it. But that probably means some poor sucker is getting your spam. And obviously if you want people to contact you via email they can't. It's a good thing to do if you're only there to look.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
PRIMAL said:
I figure if ya lost touch with those people, ya did for a reason.

One guy I was friends with went to Japan for a year or 2. I just found out he lives in Toronto again but works during the winter in the Cayman Islands. Thats one way of losing touch with someone. Also I'm living in Australia now so I can't exactly say I could be reached easily either.