• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Trump to build $500-million residential and hotel condominium tower in downtown Toron

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Trump to build $500-million residential and hotel condominium tower in downtown Toronto

First of its kind outside the United States

TORONTO, March 4 /CNW/ - Donald J. Trump is pleased to announce that he is developing a unique condominium and hotel residence in downtown Toronto that will offer a new standard in downtown living, and a level of absolute convenience and service found only in the world's finest hotels and condominiums.

It is the first Trump property of its kind to be built outside of the continental United States and the first of its kind in Canada.The $500-million Trump International Hotel & Tower, Toronto will be the tallest, mixed-use residential and hotel building in Canada at 68 stories and308.45 meters/1,012 feet. Located at the corner of Bay and Adelaide Streets in the heart of downtown Toronto, it will overlook Lake Ontario and the GreaterToronto Area.

The building has two distinct sections. A luxurious hotel will comprise the lower portion of the building from floors lobby to 34, while the condominium residences overlook the city from floors 36 to 68 and offer one- bedroom units to three-bedroom penthouses. All residents will have access to the exclusive benefits and amenities of the five-star hotel. Both the hotel
and residential condominium will have incomparable décor, privacy and service.

The hotel suites are available for purchase by individuals or corporations. The hotel offers 229 hotel guestrooms and suites, of which 34 suites are part of the exclusive Trump Club that will feature butler service and a private lounge.

The condominium residences will feature formal dining and living areas, exquisite hardwoods and granites, top-of-the-line appliances in designer kitchens, and the finest features and finishes available. There will be a maximum of four residences per floor. High-speed elevators will offer direct access to each residence from the Residential Skylobby that overlooks downtown
Toronto from the 34th floor.

website at www.trumptoronto.ca.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
Wasn't Trump involved in a project a little while ago, then pulled out? May have been the Ritz.
True, but Ritz Carlton pulled out of the deal, I think it was a joint-venture at the time. Now he is just going it alone?
 

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ChrisD
True, but Ritz Carlton pulled out of the deal, I think it was a joint-venture at the time. Now he is just going it alone?
Yes. I was just reading the Star's story. The Ritz pulled out 2 years ago.
 

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock
yuck great this is all we need.

i wonder if the Apprentice will be running it.
What's wrong with it? It's a tower. Downtown. Amongst other towers. where it belongs.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Where's he going to get the money? He was losing so much money with his company Trump Hotels that he sold a 60% stake to Credit Suisse. In return for assuming $400 million in debt, the implicit understanding is he will be forced out as chairman.

I guess you shouldn't bet against him as he's beat bankruptcy before, but this isn't the boom years of the early 90's, banks are way more stringent. There'll be no one to offer him $800 million in low interest loans.

And finally this is going to fuck up the view from our building!
:p
 

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
What's wrong with it? It's a tower. Downtown. Amongst other towers. where it belongs.
Nothing, I think its great for the City.

I love the negativity about this.

I'm pretty sure the guy has more real estate experience and wealth than most of us could possibility ever dream of, has done his due diligence.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
:eek: gizmo used an emoticon.

i just hope they do a Canadian Apprentice show - i just KNOW that i'll recognize some of the contestants that will probably end up on the show.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vote Quimby
What's wrong with it? It's a tower. Downtown. Amongst other towers. where it belongs.
It was just a typical response when a lot of money is related to something.
 

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Stormshadow
Hmmm...will people actually live there though?
Does Toronto really have enough tycoons to sustain such a complex?
Bet you it will become the place the hollywood stars stay in when shooting their movies in Toronto.
 

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SneakyPete
It was just a typical response when a lot of money is related to something.
Exactly!

"Ooooh look! Somebodies doing something! Capitalist such and such wheatgrass cheap gas mumble mumble derp!"
 

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stormshadow
Hmmm...will people actually live there though?
Does Toronto really have enough tycoons to sustain such a complex?
I don't think so. While not identical in terms of size, I'd compare the concept to the Condo's going up at 5 King Street West. They promised the same high levels luxury, Bang and Olafson music systems with every unit etc.. All for a very exorbitant price. It sank completely. I don't think people want to live right in the heart of the financial district. The project is going through now, but with scaled back apartments, and it's about 6 years behind schedule due to lack of consumer interest.
 

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo
And finally this is going to fuck up the view from our building!
:p
as soon as i read the thread title i thought "God I hope it's not near my building."

but i'm not in 'prime' real estate land, so whew!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo
Where's he going to get the money? He was losing so much money with his company Trump Hotels that he sold a 60% stake to Credit Suisse. In return for assuming $400 million in debt, the implicit understanding is he will be forced out as chairman.

I guess you shouldn't bet against him as he's beat bankruptcy before, but this isn't the boom years of the early 90's, banks are way more stringent. There'll be no one to offer him $800 million in low interest loans.

And finally this is going to fuck up the view from our building!
:p
Silly boy, he's making all his money back through reality television now.

After the Apprentice he's going to do another Survivor-type show based on firing real employees, not just applicants.
 

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
This is amazing , this is the best news i have heard for toronto in a long time fooooo trump ass mofo . Im pumped to see this place already .
J.
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo
I don't think so. While not identical in terms of size, I'd compare the concept to the Condo's going up at 5 King Street West. They promised the same high levels luxury, Bang and Olafson music systems with every unit etc.. All for a very exorbitant price. It sank completely. I don't think people want to live right in the heart of the financial district. The project is going through now, but with scaled back apartments, and it's about 6 years behind schedule due to lack of consumer interest.

i'm so sick of looking at that corner. it's been under contruction for years!

i can't wait till it finally looks like something.
 

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i kinda got the impression that the suites would be sold to companies, not individuals.
so like, Megacorp XYZ buys a suite and whenever an executive comes to town, he stays in it.
but i don't really know where i got that idea from.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top