• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Trump Presidency

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

tobywan

TRIBE Member

praktik

TRIBE Member
Lets just say there's a spectrum of ignorance tobywan, partisan blinkers that elevate Hillary clinton to sainthood are one example.

Another example could be some weird mix of ideology and hatred that denigrates her to being an actual demon, or pedophile pizza ring leader.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya Im big on checks and balances - so the fact he's out there to skewer some bullshit on the right is fine by me.

This is where bias is actually useful - who better to find fault with the arguments of the right then someone who converted from the right and hates them and wants to find everything wrong with them?

Great quality in a watchdog, for sure he's gonna find some shit. Yes of course he's biased, thats the point. The targets of his bias are just as biased as he is just in a diffferent direction. Whenever someone has a big takedown of David Brock its probably cause he had a few on them they didn't like.

Like two lawyers in court are "biased" against each other - one still makes a better argument and they do this BECAUSE they are biased and motivated to do so. Bias is useful sometimes. Seeking unbiased sources is a fool's errand.

That said, if you ONLY listen to David Brock you should probably diversify. Always bad idea to limit your sources.

praktik

TRIBE Member
A ‘Temporary’ Ban That Isn’t Really Temporary
Posted on January 30, 2017, 1:09 PM Daniel Larison
trump-chop-554x362.jpg

JStone / Shutterstock.com
Lawfare has obtained a draft of a letter from the State Department’s dissent channel that lays out the objections of many U.S. diplomats to Trump’s recent order. This section specifically addresses the duration of the ban:

That means that nationals from all of these countries could be prohibited from traveling here for as long as the order remains in effect. Depending on how long it takes the courts to settle the issue, the “temporary” ban might be in place for years before it is lifted in some cases, and perhaps much longer than that in others. That would be an extraordinary burden to impose on innocent people even if there were good reason for imposing it, but there isn’t one. The purpose in setting a “high, vague, and nebulous” standard for these governments to meet seems to be to make it as difficult as possible to lift the ban, which further suggests that there is no intention of lifting it.

The justification given for imposing this ban is to make America more secure, but it isn’t going to do that. It fuels anti-Americanism, aids the propaganda of adversaries, alienates people in the targeted countries and around the world, and mars our international reputation, and all in exchange for guarding against a threat that isn’t real. This ban is the product of threat inflation run amok. The damage done to relations with Iran and America’s image among Iranians is particularly worrisome when we remember that the administration is already overflowing with Iran hawks that want confrontation with Tehran. Barbara Slavin comments:

But the Trump administration’s actions do not punish the Iranian government; they hurt ordinary Iranians and provide grist for regime propaganda that has long portrayed the United States as the “Great Satan.” On Saturday, Saeed Kamali Dehghan, an Iranian-born journalist for the Guardian newspaper, tweeted: “Iranian leaders failed for 38 years to convince their people that the US is their ‘enemy.’ This visa ban may just do that job for them.”​

Iran hawks have often claimed that their quarrel is with the regime and not with the people, but in this case the Trump administration has squarely targeted the latter in a clumsy swipe at the former.

praktik

TRIBE Member
"Know Nothing Foreign Policy"?

Sounds about right

Trump's state department purge sparks worries of 'know-nothing approach' to foreign policy

“I worry about a know-nothing approach to foreign policy,” he said. “The whole thing can’t be done by shooting from the hip. There is a responsibility you have to the citizens you are governing to make an effort to have the information on which decisions are made.

“If I were in the transition, I would not want to scatter 60 ambassadors to the winds. I would want to hear what is going on in their regions, I would want to know where the bodies are buried.”

praktik

TRIBE Member
thank you Pete, this seems to be the argument justifying trumps actions

Did Obama rush his Cuba refugee thing without any forethought and in a way that caused extra outrage and condemnation from around the world?

Cause I think we're comparing apples and oranges here. See Obama administration thought things through a bit. Which is one distinguishing factor.

Seems to me people are just looking at things they can use to say "see other people did bad too so this Trump bad not so bad"

But I'm not buying the equivalency argument. Obama also didn't set back the War on Terror with whatever little dance he was forced into on Cuba by Cuba hardliners who incentivize the occasional stick-wagging at the island who dared step outside the Washington Consensus. Trump is own-goaling the War on Terror with his move in the way Obama never could with whatever happened to a small island in the carribean. Risk profile totally different for both policies. Results will be too.

Last edited:
In no way do I support Trump or his policies, it's just simply ignorant for people to believe Obama and Hillary are saints.

Obama did after all select the countries that are in involed in Trump's executive order.

Friendly Reminder: Obama Selected The List Of Muslim Countries in Trump’s Executive Order

Bullshit.

"In no way do I support Trump" as an opening line is the same as saying "I'm not racist, but...." You've done this on Facebook on criticisms on him or anyone associated, opening with the exact same line, and defended him using the same rhetoric he does.

Making false equivalences with Obama's actions that don't even come close to what happened this weekend just underlines that you're using this line because you're afraid of having an unpopular opinion.

Fucking at least own up to being a Trump apologist.

praktik

TRIBE Member
^^ Sometimes I don't know if tobywan is more Infowars or RedState

To be fair to him, the same is true of the entire conservative movement now with the Conspiracy Theorist in Chief blurring these lines with Bannon trash. Flynn is a real piece of work too...

CiG

TRIBE Member
^^ Sometimes I don't know if tobywan is more Infowars or RedState

To be fair to him, the same is true of the entire conservative movement now with the Conspiracy Theorist in Chief blurring these lines with Bannon trash. Flynn is a real piece of work too...

That self conflicting Milo article is infowars/dailybeast like.

praktik

TRIBE Member
That self conflicting Milo article is infowars/dailybeast like.

I don't see daily beast as the other side of the coin on infowars, where do you see equivalency?

Daily Beast never said vaccines are poison or that Y2k would usher in martial law or that every election for the last 16 years would be cancelled by some conspiracy to institute martial law or that the government made tornadoes happen. No partisan spin could ever be as flawed as all that!

Apples and oranges.

JEEhoV2.jpg

praktik

TRIBE Member
Alex Jones - RationalWiki

• Atheists:
  • Are occultists: "Every time I've studied the groups that fund and run the atheist [sic], they're not atheist, they're occultist. Aand I guess if they can't get people to be occultist, they will just get them to be atheist and then atheists almost always become supporters of eugenics and abortion and humans are just blobs and humans don't have any great destiny and humans are a parasite [sic], and you just can't ignore the fruits of these people."[34]
  • Worship Satan: "This, this is their religion! Y'see, you see, at the highest level, the atheists aren't really atheists at the higher levels, they write books, these people worship Lucifer!"[34] "The establishment is always saying you shouldn't have a religion and god isn't real, but then you find out the elites who're saying they're atheists, 9 times out of 10 in my research, they turn out to be a occultist, who are Luciferian or Satanist."[34]
  • Love death: "And they do! They love death! And I'm just in love with life. And I -- I'm sorry for those who've never experienced it, y'know, when they laugh at us, all these unhappy atheists and psychologists and psychiatrists that are all out there, talking about how horrible their lives are and their incredible rates of suicide."[34]
  • The world is ruled by Satanists, and Satan is real: "But, uh, atheists and people say, oh, I don't believe in the devil, well it doesn't matter if you believe in the devil or not, there are people who rule the planet who believe in the devil. [...] Satan is real. Period. PERIOD. END OF STORY."[34]

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Bullshit.

"In no way do I support Trump" as an opening line is the same as saying "I'm not racist, but...." You've done this on Facebook on criticisms on him or anyone associated, opening with the exact same line, and defended him using the same rhetoric he does.

Making false equivalences with Obama's actions that don't even come close to what happened this weekend just underlines that you're using this line because you're afraid of having an unpopular opinion.

Fucking at least own up to being a Trump apologist.

lol who's the apologist.

for the record I don't agree with Trump, nor did I vote for him, nor do I support his intent nor thinking in any stated tweet, executive order and/or policy.