• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Trump Presidency

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
I’ll tell you what happened. The meme-raised, bone-spurred, wing-nut, Facebook crowd who scream about “free-speech”, “liberal cucks” and a return to the “greater-times” raised bloody hell. Not a single one of them wants to be confronted with who they really are. When the spin goes out the window and reality sets in, it must be tough to confront the xenophobic fucking clown in the mirror.

There’s nothing offensive about that cartoon, except - perhaps - the open display of the disgusting truth. ...and not ONE of them has the balls to own up to their own reality.

Cartoon of the year and a really shitty move for that paper. Integrity is dead.

Welcome to Toronto! I know lots of folks here who welcome this level of reality! I hope this cartoonist keeps it up. The only decent political cartoons are the ones that smack you in the face with the truth. :)

Last edited:

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Was there some sort of social media campaign to get rid of this guy? The brief bit I saw stated the cartoon and his firing were "not related".

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Interesting you don't post about the Bill Clinton connection.
I’d like to know about that connection and can’t seem to find it. Would you mind posting it for me? Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind. I found it! Sounds like this scumbag has been closely affiliated with a number of other scumbags over the years, W.J.Clinton notwithstanding.

I hope they ALL go down together. Would be a fitting thing to finally see something unifying between the parties!

Last edited:

wickedken

TRIBE Member
I’d like to know about that connection and can’t seem to find it. Would you mind posting it for me? Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind. I found it! Sounds like this scumbag has been closely affiliated with a number of other scumbags over the years, W.J.Clinton notwithstanding.

I hope they ALL go down together. Would be a fitting thing to finally see something unifying between the parties!
That Prince Andrew guy too!

wickedken

TRIBE Member
This episode also exposed more of the "surreal": the Guardian also initially reported that official apology was going to be made by Jeremy Hunt directly to Ivanka Trump, and it's continued coverage implies she has some type of position even if not officially. Nowhere in the reporting is mention of the people typically handing diplomatic matters starting with the Secretary of State Pompeo.

Last edited:

wickedken

TRIBE Member
This is fake news. It's a way for the US to save face without admitting their bluff has been called (or maybe their hand isn't as strong as they once thought it was). Drone wreckage was recovered by the Iranians.
The ambassador Trump calls "wacky" seems to have thought along the same lines I did, as revealed in his leaked memos. Just saying.

In one of the most recent reported dispatches, filed on June 22, Darroch criticised Trump’s fraught foreign policy on Iran, which has prompted fears in global capitals of a military conflict, as “incoherent” and “chaotic”.

He allegedly said the president’s assertion that he called off retaliatory missile strikes against the Iranian regime after a US drone was shot down because it risked killing 150 Iranians “doesn’t stand up”.

“It’s more likely that he was never fully on board and that he was worried about how this apparent reversal of his 2016 campaign promises would look come 2020,” Darroch reportedly stated, referring to the next presidential election.​