• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Trump Presidency

spaboy

TRIBE Member

wickedken

TRIBE Member
The dow has set numerous records during the Trump administration. It's doing extremely well and the tarrifs will result in better deals or more local manufacturing. Then there's the gdp. If you're gonna attack Trump... Don't pick the economy silly. Just makes you look like more of a partisan hack than you already do.
The DJIA is doing well, as is the S&P, but it doesn't reflect on the economy. Dow is just 30 companies. If you want to dig deeper into this look up "easy money" and then the bond market.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Shit-stain thinks the Mueller report was supposed to lead to an end.
Shit-stain doesn't realize that, if he shuts his yap, reads it and pays attention - it will.
Shit-stain hasn’t the foggiest clue about the process of law or departmental policy based on long-standing Constitutional interpretation.
Shit-stain is in denial about the fact that there are still numerous relevant legal investigations underway.
Shit-stain is about “whataboutism”.
Shit-stain is aok tripling-down on his support for a lying, cheating, misogynistic, racist, welshing, divisive, violence-inciting, fake-ass Christian, pseudo-businessman, illiterate, tiny-handed, weak-ass bankrupting little bitch.

Know what you do with a shit-stain?
You scrub the fucking bowl and then you flush.

Now. ...”whatabout her emails”?
You mean "what about her email server".

spaboy

TRIBE Member
The DJIA is doing well, as is the S&P, but it doesn't reflect on the economy. Dow is just 30 companies. If you want to dig deeper into this look up "easy money" and then the bond market.
That's fair. My point being the economy is the last thing you want to use trying to attack Trump imho.

Last edited:

wickedken

TRIBE Member
That's fair. My point being the economy is the last thing you want to use trying to attack Trump imho.
Are you saying that using economic tariffs as an aggressive foreign policy tool, while at the same time unilaterally ending treaties even with "allied" nations, has a beneficial impact on the US economy?

Last edited:

spaboy

TRIBE Member
Are you saying that using economic tariffs as an aggressive foreign policy tool, while at the same time unilaterally ending treaties even with "allied" nations, has a beneficial impact on the US economy?
Long term for sure.

Short term it would naturally have some negative impact. But bad trade deals unchecked over decades will cost you far more. It's a tricky game indeed. But negotiating deals is literally Trumps thing. He also knows the economy is what's gonna ride him into 2020. So If he's being aggressive....I have faith in it. He's not stupid.

spaboy

TRIBE Member
I also like what he's doing with Mexico. I think you'd agree illegal immigration isn't good for the economy. So he's really putting the hammer down now. And it seems to be working. The Mexico government scrambled a team to come negotiate.

It's a ballsy play. But he has the leverage. It will also be fun to laugh at everyone that mocked Trump for saying Mexico will pay for the wall. They just keep underestimating him.

praktik

TRIBE Member
The dow has set numerous records during the Trump administration. It's doing extremely well and the tarrifs will result in better deals or more local manufacturing. Then there's the gdp. If you're gonna attack Trump... Don't pick the economy silly. Just makes you look like more of a partisan hack than you already do.
Deutsche Bank is a "partisan hack"?

They're the ones pointing out the trillions of lost opportunity, I didn't realize the bank was full of libtards!

spaboy

TRIBE Member
Deutsche Bank is a "partisan hack"?

They're the ones pointing out the trillions of lost opportunity, I didn't realize the bank was full of libtards!
Saying Trump isn't a good negotiator and the stock market isn't doing well is plain wrong. Trump's economy is killing it and you know it. Of course tarrifs will have some short term effect but if it helps negotiate a better trade deal it's a clear win long term.

praktik

TRIBE Member
“Disastrous”: Dow Sinks as Markets Realize Trump Really Is This Stupid

"Unsurprisingly, almost no one aside from Trump’s craziest advisers are happy about the latest move. Republican Senator Charles E. Grassley called the new tax “a misuse of presidential tariff authority and counter to congressional intent.” It’s also deeply counterproductive. As the Washington Post notes, “if the tariffs damaged the Mexican economy, more of its citizens would try to cross the border to find work” in the U.S. “Mexico is our friend and neighbor, a partner in trade and security,” Glenn Hamer, chief executive of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said in a statement. “The president’s announcement is baffling and, if carried out, will be terribly damaging.” Deborah Elms, executive director of the Asian Trade Centre, told Bloomberg “This action will be subject to global condemnation,” saying that Trump has “gone rogue."

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Long term for sure.

Short term it would naturally have some negative impact. But bad trade deals unchecked over decades will cost you far more. It's a tricky game indeed. But negotiating deals is literally Trumps thing. He also knows the economy is what's gonna ride him into 2020. So If he's being aggressive....I have faith in it. He's not stupid.
I also like what he's doing with Mexico. I think you'd agree illegal immigration isn't good for the economy. So he's really putting the hammer down now. And it seems to be working. The Mexico government scrambled a team to come negotiate.

It's a ballsy play. But he has the leverage. It will also be fun to laugh at everyone that mocked Trump for saying Mexico will pay for the wall. They just keep underestimating him.
There's definitely people who think Trump is "negotiating" but media from literally every other country are just unsure of what he actually wants and whether Trump himself knows what he's doing. On the economy and trade front he's made Americans pay more for many products via his tariffs. How is that winning?

No question on Mexico paying for that wall though, as there are many ways for the US government to shift costs on Mexicans and Mexican companies.

Last edited:

wickedken

TRIBE Member
The increasingly polarised US economy has meant that a record-breaking period of growth has been accompanied by falling life expectancy, high levels of poverty and stagnant living standards for average Americans, the International Monetary Fund has said.

IMF tells US record growth is costing average citizens dear