• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

True Detective (HBO)

acheron

TRIBE Member
people need to not fixate on past roles. these people are ACTORS after all.

Honestly did anyone expect Woody Harrelson to go from playing Woody on Cheers to Mickey Knox in Natural Born Killers?

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Vinve Vaughn confirmed

HBO confirmed the casting today with new details on their characters and an official logline for the season, which describes the season as being about "three police officers and a career criminal [who] must navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder."

As long rumored, Farrell will take on the role as a detective in the sophomore season, in this case, a man named Ray Velcoro, "whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him."

And Vaughn, meanwhile, will play Frank Semyon, "a career criminal in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner."

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
First season is IMO as good as UTOPIA.

Watch it.

Didnt realize it was a different director, although if the Writer is involved just as much, i have hopes for a good second season.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Justin Lin (Fast & Furious 6, Fast Five, Fast & Furious) will direct only the first two episodes, so unlike the first season, this season will have multiple directors.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
i had to do that with got. i dismissed it at first and then actually sat and watched it and paid full attention
blown away, i wasnt really paying attnetion at first for whatever reason