• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

True Detective (HBO)

praktik

TRIBE Member
I kinda liked it. Some of us exist.

Rare tho, I know

I think the last ep was pretty redemptive of the season I still think about some scenes

praktik

TRIBE Member
Im a go with it kind of guy, I like more things than most people, so ya, dont be surprised if you see me liking more stuff than normal people

Im an outlier! ;)

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Im a go with it kind of guy, I like more things than most people, so ya, dont be surprised if you see me liking more stuff than normal people

Im an outlier! ;)
I'm like you but this was beyond even my limits. All the pieces were there for something great and it's baffling how they weren't put together in a coherent and even entertaining way at all.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I think maybe it was the power of that last episode to me - the things I keep coming back to are like, the feeling of inevitably for two of the tragic outcomes there and the kineticism of the sequencing.

Like - the highway-to-forest chase sequence? The amazing train station scene.

Probably if I didnt enjoy the finale so much I'd have been more "meh" - it was a way they ended that sweetened the whole deal for me. Like if that was just a 90 min movie I think more people would have liked it.

THe episodes leading up that point were more disjointed and some had few redeeming moments to help it all go down