• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

True definition of love

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
So what exactly is love? Okay, sure... it's the shocker, put it in the butt, make my dinner bitch... but really.

I have been thinking about this for a while now. What IS love? Can love exist without sex? Is there a true meaning of love? Has this meaning lots its values in time?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglegirl
I have honestly tried to stop thinking about "what" love is...it is different for everyone.
Is it?...
It does not carry the same concept?

Love for a person.

sweet_e

TRIBE Member
i guess it depends on what love you are talking about.

I love my friends and that exists with out sex but when it comes to a relationship i dont think love can exist with out sex or at least a way of physically expressing my love for that person. But i;m very sexual so thats just me.

As to how to describe love, i have no idea. I couldnt define it, i just know it when i feel it. I also find my def'n has changed with age and different relationships.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lil'Timmy
Is the this love for another person?
Or Love I have for Keg Steak?

you eat waaaaaaay too much meat. did you know a serving of beef is rougly 4oz.

what was the size of the steak you ate that night ? 32oz !?

fuck man.

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
Meaning of Love - Depeche Mode

I’ve read more than a hundred books
Seen love mentioned many thousand times
But despite all the places I’ve looked
It’s still no clearer it’s just not enough
I’m still no nearer the meaning of love

Noted down all my observations
Spent an evening watching television
Still I couldn’t say with precision
Know it’s a feeling and it comes from above
But what’s the meaning, the meaning of love?

The meaning of love
Tell me the meaning of love

From the notes that I’ve made so far
Love seems something like wanting a scar
But I could be wrong, I’m just not sure you see,
I’ve never been in love before

Next I asked several friends of mine
If they could spare a few minutes of their time
Their look suggested that I’d lost my mind
Tell me the answer, my lord high above
Tell me the meaning, the meaning of love

The meaning of love

From the notes that I’ve made so far
Love seems something like wanting a scar
But I could be wrong, I’m just not sure you see,
I’ve never been in love before

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by KillaLadY
Is it?...
It does not carry the same concept?

Love for a person.

of course not. there's no way a 4 letter word can ever truly reflect the emotion. i've stopped trying to put it in words long time ago. less talk more action!

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
junglegirl is right.. Love is different for everyone. I dont think there is a true definition of love: Oh wait... Dictionary.com is here to save us...

A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.

ooh.. solicitude.. my new word ofthe day:

The state of being solicitous; care or concern, as for the well-being of another. Marked by or given to anxious care and often hovering attentiveness. (as in "your crowding me, but i like it").

I know I am in Love. I could write a sordid detailing of how I know, but that still wouldnt answer the question, because my love is different from your love, and yours, and you.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Nothing says love like when I grab that barbell and start pumping off reps till I can stand it anymore! The feel of steel, the heavy, massive weights!

Oh wait wrong thread....................

Mongo thinks Love=Lust:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Love is fucked up.
Simple as that if you ask me.

I've loved a few people... and I still love them.
And I agree love is different for everyone and you love others differently if you ask me.

Love is a mixture of emotions, experiences and timing.

pr0nstar 2 Pennies

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Moe
What is Love?

Baby Don't hurt me, don't hurt me.... no more

Oh, how witty. You took a song from a decade ago, and placed it in a thread about the same topic. Oh, how wonderful. Did you think of this all by yourself? Do you also tell people not to "double dip" into the salsa? Because if you do, I can only say,"Wow". I must try this myself, perhaps I will say to someone that "they are off the island", referencing something a bit more recent than a decade ago. Do you concur that it might be up to the same standards as your wit?

sweet_e

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Watcher
Love is heaven to the lonely.

yeah but you have to be able to be happy alone and love yourself completely before you can truly love someone else

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Oh, how witty. You took a song from a decade ago, and placed it in a thread about the same topic. Oh, how wonderful. Did you think of this all by yourself? Do you also tell people not to "double dip" into the salsa? Because if you do, I can only say,"Wow". I must try this myself, perhaps I will say to someone that "they are off the island", referencing something a bit more recent than a decade ago. Do you concur that it might be up to the same standards as your wit?

I sung it in my head but didn't post the lyrics. I deserve half of your wrath.

:(

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
WTF? :confused:

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
hamster.jpg

hah timo