• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Trudeau is against the Canadian worker

wickedken

TRIBE Member
So here is an interesting fact: A search on Duck Duck Go (which I understand is via Google) for the terms "trudeau canadian worker" returns this thread as item #17. Go Tribe!

This week I see that Trudeau has attempted to create a "Prime Minister's Question Period". One day will be reserved for only Trudeau to field questions from the Oppositions. The Cs and the Ds have argued against it since they believe it will result in the PM being in Parliament only 1 day of the week. However I find the proposal intriguing as we can have the similar style of Q&A that British PMs have faced for a long time.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
So here is an interesting fact: A search on Duck Duck Go (which I understand is via Google) for the terms "trudeau canadian worker" returns this thread as item #17. Go Tribe!

This week I see that Trudeau has attempted to create a "Prime Minister's Question Period". One day will be reserved for only Trudeau to field questions from the Oppositions. The Cs and the Ds have argued against it since they believe it will result in the PM being in Parliament only 1 day of the week. However I find the proposal intriguing as we can have the similar style of Q&A that British PMs have faced for a long time.

Why bother. Have you heard him or any of his minion goons really answer a single question with facts instead of pre arranged speeches touting themselves ?

praktik

TRIBE Member
Like our guys would have needed those calls, scrapping NAFTA will only put EVERYTHING back on the table and the US will ask us what, of that, we're going to sacrifice to them so Trump can say he got "a better deal".

Unilaterally assessing a CVD on softwood lumber sent a signal this is exactly how this is going to go - its the kind of thing Canadian trade negotiators had been trying to stop, through agreements like the Auto Pact in the 60s, CUFTA in the 80s and NAFTA in the 90s. Only NAFTA brought some small restraint on a superpower, but they always retained the right, through congress, to fuck over whatever part of NAFTA they wanted at anytime and deal with the consequences later - maybe pay a fine from a NAFTA tribunal or something.

CVD is against the spirit of NAFTA and is punitive, Canada needed only this signal to know that they would need to do all they could from the Trump admin just scrapping everything.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Like our guys would have needed those calls, scrapping NAFTA will only put EVERYTHING back on the table and the US will ask us what, of that, we're going to sacrifice to them so Trump can say he got "a better deal".

Unilaterally assessing a CVD on softwood lumber sent a signal this is exactly how this is going to go - its the kind of thing Canadian trade negotiators had been trying to stop, through agreements like the Auto Pact in the 60s, CUFTA in the 80s and NAFTA in the 90s. Only NAFTA brought some small restraint on a superpower, but they always retained the right, through congress, to fuck over whatever part of NAFTA they wanted at anytime and deal with the consequences later - maybe pay a fine from a NAFTA tribunal or something.

CVD is against the spirit of NAFTA and is punitive, Canada needed only this signal to know that they would need to do all they could from the Trump admin just scrapping everything.
Interesting times for the Trudeau government! Interesting how he's keeping very very closely to his script. Very interesting.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
trudeau isnt against anyone, he is all me me me. he is angling for a un seat once he gets voted out. butts is running the show. no wonder they are trying to keep him from having to answer any questions since he is clearly not nimble enough to come up with answers on his own that dont sound bat shit insane

wickedken

TRIBE Member
Don't worry we won't use these in Yemen!

Just for keeping down the peons.
The story is being broadcast on Al Jazeera all day. There's a talking heads segment where "defence of Canadian jobs" is raised. Does anybody think our government will start to have problems with this new network? Funny how CBC doesn't defend them but goes to bat for a Danish cartoon publisher, a French satirical mag, student rags...

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
The story is being broadcast on Al Jazeera all day. There's a talking heads segment where "defence of Canadian jobs" is raised. Does anybody think our government will start to have problems with this new network? Funny how CBC doesn't defend them but goes to bat for a Danish cartoon publisher, a French satirical mag, student rags...
LOL whut... Here's The Current from over a month ago

Why Arab states want to shut down Al-Jazeera

wickedken

TRIBE Member
I think the last time I "watched" tv was in 2009. all internet/streaming based now, excepting the random game in a bar.