1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Trivial tenancy question. RE:Garbage

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Northernsoul, May 26, 2010.

1. Northernsoul

Northernsoul TRIBE Member

Just a quick tenancy question. The entrance to our building is frequently neglected. This with irregular waste/recycling pick up etc has resulted in an accumulation of disregarded garbage bags piled up, overflowing containers etc and of course in this heat, it’s quite revolting! The superintendant is incompetent-the landlord unconcerned and so is there an avenue with the City I can follow that may result in some hygiene being enforced! I have spoken time and time again about the problem with the landlords but continue to receive false promise.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. ian

ian TRIBE Member

If you want to go all legal and stuff there is some information and forms here: Help for Tenants

Have to tried writing a letter?

3. Northernsoul

Northernsoul TRIBE Member

Thanks Ian! yes-perhaps three letters and I can imagine other tenants have also-just responces recieved with false promise! Will look at the forms-thanks.

4. dig this

dig this TRIBE Member

5. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

Giorgio Mammoliti will come pick it up for you.

6. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Doesn't anyone solve these kind of problems with flaming bags of poop left at doorsteps anymore?

7. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

Break them open and strew the garbage in front of the superintendents door. He'll clean it up right away.

8. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

call the sanitation/health department (or whatever its called) and say youve seen rats and you believe they are coming from the garbage around the building.

9. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

I'd just set it on fire right in front of the building.

Fire trucks will come, people will investigate, attention will be diverted to where the landlords don't want, etc,. etc.

10. Vote_4_Pedro

Vote_4_Pedro TRIBE Member

Call Rob Ford. He will come and take care it for real, even if it's not his Ward. He gets stuff done.

11. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

COME TO MY ARMS! LET ME HELP YOOOOOO
    [​IMG]